Chicken Kinda blue. The third, known as the Easter Egger Chicken, is not a recognized breed, but rather a cross between any other chicken and either an Ameraucana or an Araucana. Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce really completes this dish. It's creamy and tangy and like a next-level gravy.
All the flavour, all the crunch, a beautiful golden crumb, and it's better for you! This retro classic is here to stay – always! Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs. You can have Chicken Kinda blue using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Kinda blue
- It’s 2 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 1.5 cups of your favorite salted cracker.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Sliced cheese (be creative, try muenster, gouda, or pepper jack).
- It’s of Thin sliced ham.
- Prepare 1 of large can of vegan soup.
A Chicken Cordon Bleu without a delicious, creamy sauce is like a a French fry without ketchup. This sauce is the perfect complement to homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu or significantly enhances flavor and elegance to store bought Chicken Cordon Bleu. Chicken Cordon Bleu was one of the first meals I attempted as a newly married woman. I had never heard of pounding chicken to make it thinner and spent a lot of time in the kitchen violently trying to pound out the chicken and roll all of the fillings up inside.
Chicken Kinda blue instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Throw crackers in Ziploc bag and roll the large soup can over them until they are powder..
- Cut chicken breast in half, put in Ziploc bag and use can to flatten the chicken. (This can is useful).
- Lay all four flat fowls out and place a a slice of ham on each one followed by a slice of cheese. (That was a fun sentence to say).
- Roll each flat fowl (maybe you have to say it out loud) and use toothpicks to keep it rolled..
- Crack egg in bowl and roll the formerly flat fowl in the egg.
- Roll the egg covered chick roll around in the crushed crackers..
- Throw on cookie sheet and put in oven until crackers are a rich brown..
- Put can of vegan soup in pantry and never eat it. Just use it as a rolling pin..
- While waiting for it to be done.. pretend it was hard..
In the end, most of the cheese and filling leaked out while baking and I was left with a dry chicken breast. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in butter then roll in crumb mixture.