Cajun Shrimp Alfredo. We opted to keep it classic using fettuccine noodles, but any pasta shape will work great!. While pasta is cooking, season shrimp with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. This goes together rather quickly and is so good.
Shrimp and Pasta Tossed In The Best And Cremiest Cajun Alfredo Sauce. This Cajun Pasta is also incredibly versatile. You can make this hearty and tasty dish with chicken, sausage, different seafood like – scallops, crawfish or prawns or make it vegetarian with bell peppers, onions and mushrooms seasoned with Cajun or blackened spices. You can have Cajun Shrimp Alfredo using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
- Prepare 1/2 cup of + 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided and cubed.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 oz. of brick style cream cheese, sliced into cubes.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of large tomato, diced.
- Prepare 3 tsp. of Cajun seasoning, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each black pepper, onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
- It’s 1 lb. of penne pasta (or other shape).
- Prepare 1 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
My Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is so easy and quick to make. I KNOW it will be your new favorite pasta recipe. Dig the jarred stuff and make your own delicious and creamy Alfredo sauce! This Cajun shrimp fettuccine alfredo is packed full of flavor with a little Cajun twist.
Cajun Shrimp Alfredo instructions
- Place a large pot of water over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook the pasta according to package directions and drain it. Return the drained pasta to the pot and set it aside..
- While waiting on the water to boil, in a large, deep skillet, heat the 1 tbsp. butter over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the shrimp. Season it with 1 tsp. of the cajun seasoning and cook until it is pink and opaque. Remove it to a plate, cover the shrimp with foil and set it aside..
- Place the cream, the 1/2 cup butter and the cream cheese into the same skillet. Whisk it together often while it all melts..
- Once the butter and cream cheese are melted and smooth, whisk in the remaining 2 tsp of cajun seasoning, the pepper, the onion powder, the garlic, the tomatoes, the parmesan and the gouda. Whisk until the cheese melts completely..
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 5 or so minutes, to thicken up. Then combine the sauce and the shrimp with the pasta in the pot. Toss everything together until it's all incorporated..
- Serve immediately and enjoy. Refrigerate any leftovers..
It's perfect for busy weeknights and you'll say goodbye to jarred sauces when you see how easy it is to make your own! Plus the little punch of andouille sausage really brings that Cajun flavor. A creamy alfredo fettuccine spiced with cajun seasoning and served with blackened shrimp that makes for a quick and tasty meal for the family that is also sure to impress guests! make the alfredo sauce with cream and parmesan and you are done in less time than it takes to cook the pasta. Add the shrimp and cooked, drained pasta to the first skillet. Cajun Shrimp Alfredo, an easy dinner recipe loaded with the best homemade Alfredo sauce, peppers, onions, and shrimp.