Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash and shallots. Zucchini Gratin with Yellow Squash is a luscious creamy cheesy medley of zucchini, yellow squash, onions and garlic. It is quick and easy to prepare.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash, shallots, and garlic. How to cook Zucchini & Yellow Squash Au Gratin In a medium sauce pan, combine almond milk, Gouda, butter, salt, garlic powder, rosemary, and black pepper over medium heat. You can have Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini.
- You need 1 of medium yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream or whole milk.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt, divided.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of pepper, divided.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried chives.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
This zucchini and squash au gratin is an amazing side dish and cooks up so quick that it won't heat your kitchen up. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and garlic. For this recipe, I used tricolor fingerling potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, goat's milk, sheep's milk pecorino romano and grass-fed butter to create a version of potatoes au gratin that is loaded with flavor and nutrients. Spread half of the zucchini/squash mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8" baking pan and set it aside..
- Wash the zucchini and yellow squash, then slice them into coins about 1/4" thick. Place them into a bowl and season them with 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Then pour in the cream (or milk) and whisk in the cornstarch, the onion powder and 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper and chives. Allow this to come to a simmer and simmer until thickened…just about 2-3 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese..
- Lay out the squash in the prepared baking pan. Pour the cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle the gouda evenly over the top..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the squash is fork tender. Switch your oven to broil and let the cheese brown for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then serve..
After an afternoon of sugar and treats, I decided to put together a simple vegetable gratin, starring the enormous zucchini that we pulled out of our garden a few days ago. Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish and set aside. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Zucchini and yellow squash mixed with milk, cheese, and buttery crackers are baked until bubbly and golden in this summery gratin recipe. On the stove, medium heat, in a large skillet, melt the butter.