Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage. Great recipe for Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage. Gerhards Appliances' Resident Chef, Cheryl Steacker, invites you to join her in Gehard's Living Kitchen while she prepares delicious meals with a unique twist. The creamy base of this stove-top mac and cheese is the perfect complement to the smokey flavor of their polish smoked sausage.
I love the flavor that ground sausage adds to mac and cheese and the fact that it makes it feel more like a main dish. It's every bit as delicious as this Super Creamy Mac & Cheese. I like to use Johnsonville All Natural Fresh Italian Mild Ground Sausage. You can have Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage
- It’s 2 cups of Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, shredded (8 oz.).
- Prepare 1 cup of Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese, shredded (4 oz.).
- Prepare 1 cup of Gouda Cheese, shredded (4 oz.).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Havarti Cheese, shredded (2 oz.).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese (1 oz.).
- It’s 1 lb. of spiral macaroni pasta of choice (I used Italian Trottole).
- It’s 3 Tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of dry mustard.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1 pkg. of Johnsonville sausage six links (I used Jalapeño Cheddar) sliced into coins.
It is so convenient and easy to cook with. This Mac & Cheese dish with sausage is creamy, cheesy and delicious!!! A rich and creamy mac and cheese the people of all ages will love! Includes three kinds of cheese – cheddar, mozzarella and cream cheese.
Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage instructions
- Shred all of the cheeses and place together in bowl..
- Cook pasta as directed on package..
- Place sausage coins in a skillet and cooked until browned. Set aside..
- Place butter in large pan and melt over medium low heat. As soon as melted, whisk in the flour and dry mustard. Continue whisking until a slight paste starts to form. Take care not to burn..
- Whisk in the heavy cream. Continue whisking over medium low heat until thickened..
- Add in all of your cheeses. Whisk until smooth and incorporated..
- Add in your cooked, drained pasta. Mix completely. Now add in your sour cream and salt and pepper..
- Fold in your cooked sausage coins..
- Enjoy! ! I served mine with a side of my oven roasted broccoli..
Made on the stovetop for a quick and easy side dish. Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheese combine for this extra creamy mac 'n' cheese recipe. The evaporated milk gives Mac & Cheese an amazingly rich & creamy taste. Other than those two things, it's pretty good! My mother was a bit of a rebel with her macaroni and cheese in that she didn't believe in making a roux.