Emma's mac'n'cheese. In Sweden it is impossible to use the amounts of cheese required for an American recipe of this, without spending a minor fortune. So one night I did some experimenting and came up with a budget friendly take on this. QUALITY TIME, ZOOM WEDDING & MOVIE MARATHON!
Therefore, I cannot recite my mom's "from scratch" recipe from memory and, quite frankly, thought of mac 'n cheese as an emergency meal that was made from a boxed mix when it was necessary to get food on the table quickly and there wasn't time to. Homemade mac and cheese with cauliflower is a quick and easy dinner to prepare for weeknights that the whole family will love. Best Mac and cheese everrrrr. would definitely recommend them too anyone . the employees where friendly and brought my food to me at the table. You can cook Emma's mac'n'cheese using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Emma's mac'n'cheese
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter/margarine.
- It’s 6 tbsp of regular flour.
- It’s 800 ml of milk.
- You need 1000 grams of macaroni.
- Prepare 1 of Roughly 200-300g of grated cheese. I used gouda.
- You need 2 of packs of melting cheese. I use Kraft singles with cheddar. There are 10 slices/pack..
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Peppar.
- It’s 1 of A dash of turmeric for colour (optional).
This recipe is a clear example of comfort food at its finest; it's rich, hearty and extra cheesy. And because it's made in the slow cooker, it's also extremely easy. —Shelby Molina, Whitewater, Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheese combine for this extra creamy mac 'n' cheese recipe. Chef John's easy-to-make, old-school macaroni and cheese has a perfectly crispy crust and a gooey center. By Chef John; I will try out your vegan mac n' cheese very soon-so excited!
Emma's mac'n'cheese instructions
- Melt your butter/margarine in a saucepan..
- Once it has melted, take it off the heat and add your flour. Whisk it gently into a kind of thickening paste. It should NOT be like a dough. If it is, add some more butter or margarine until you have a smooth and sticky paste..
- Add the milk, and put your saucepan back onto the heat. Whisk continually or it will burn. Do this until it thickens..
- Lower the heat significantly and add your melting cheese. If you add it all at once, it might be difficult to stir properly, so add a bit at a time..
- Once you have added all your melting cheese, add the grated cheese and stir until you have a smooth (and cheesy!) sauce..
- Boil your macaroni according to the instruction on the box..
- Season your sauce with salt and peppar, and some turmeric if you want for colour..
- Drain your cooked macaroni, and then add it to your cheese sauce. Once it is stirred in completely, serve immediately..
Yes, the vegan mac and cheese is great too! Do you think this would freeze well? This recipe might be tricky given the dairy content. Emma's Southern Cuisine a place for food, fun and family. Looking for southern style comfort food, then Emma's is the place for you.