Upgraded chicken cordon bleu. I love me some Chicken Cordon Bleu. But I've always felt it could be better? If you've never made chicken cordon bleu before, here's how it goes: butterfly and pound the chicken so it's nice and flat.
Classic Chicken Cordon Bleu is breaded and then fried. Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce really completes this dish. It's creamy and tangy and like a next-level gravy. You can have Upgraded chicken cordon bleu using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Upgraded chicken cordon bleu
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 50 grams of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 80 grams of grated cheese (gouda).
- Prepare 80 grams of brie (sliced).
- It’s 2 slice of ham.
- You need 1 tbsp of cream cheese.
- Prepare 6 dash of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of panko crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 50 grams of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
You start by making a basic gravy and then add Dijon mustard and Parmesan to take it into a class all on its own. Chicken Cordon Bleu is usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family likes such as mozzarella or Gruyere. For a quicker version, you may also like this Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu which doesn't require rolling or breading. When I was a kid, my mom took culinary.
Upgraded chicken cordon bleu instructions
- Smash the chicken beasts with a heavy pan so that they are an even thickness throughout the fillet. Don't make it too thin!.
- Carefully slice a pocket into the chicken fillet. Be careful to not cut through the whole fillet..
- In one deep plate, crack the egg. Add half of the garlic and paprika powder and some salt and pepper. In another deep plate, mix the panko and parmesan with the remaining garlic and paprika powder along with some salt and pepper..
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese, gouda and worchestershire together. Divide the mixture in half. Spread the mixture into the chicken pockets. Top three mixture with a slice of ham. Top the ham with slices of brie. Close your fillet..
- Turn your pan on medium low and put the butter and olive oil in..
- Carefully dredge the stuffed chicken one by one first through the egg and then through the panko. Make sure the whole fillet is covered and closed. Place in the pan and cook about 7-8 minutes per side until cooked. To be sure, turn the heat on low and cook for 1 more minute per side with a lid on..
- Serve with anything from potato wedges and broccoli or with a salad.
Tender chicken breasts are stuffed with smoky ham and swiss cheese. These easy rolls are breaded and baked until golden and juicy. A simple dijon cream sauce is the perfect compliment. Serve this delicious dish with Oven Roasted Asparagus or Parmesan Roasted Broccoli! It's the next sandwich to feature the Upgraded Chicken at Burger King® and it's their take on a classic with The New Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich!