Spring asparagus tart. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Lay half of the asparagus in a neat row across the surface of the tart so the tips meet the edge. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil in a bowl.
This elegant springtime tart looks impressive, but it's actually quite easy to make. Make the dough, click the link above for the recipe. Try these delicious tarts that are really easy to prepare. You can cook Spring asparagus tart using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spring asparagus tart
- It’s 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- You need 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thaw 9.5 by 9" sheet frm 17.3-oz pkg.
- You need 1 cup of mascarpone.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten.
- It’s 1 of lemon, zest finely grated (about 1 tablespoon).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh tarragon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pound of pencil asparagus, woody bottoms trimmed off.
- It’s of Freshly ground pepper.
- It’s of Lightly dressed greens for serving.
Spread Dijon-style mustard on strips of puff pastry and top with fresh asparagus and. This asparagus tart is the perfect example of flakey, buttery crust meets fresh, savory filling. The asparagus is perfect for spring and the quinoa in the base adds extra sustenance to help fill your belly. This special-occasion tart is creamy-rich and laced with early spring flavors.
Spring asparagus tart instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the puff pastry to a 9- by 12-inch even rectangle. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet..
- Combine the mascarpone, 1 1/4 teaspoons of the salt, the flour, egg and lemon zest, and then fold in the chives and tarragon. Spread over the puff pastry, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Make small cuts around the border about 1 inch apart with the tip of a paring knife..
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil in a bowl. Lay half of the asparagus in a neat row across the surface of the tart so the tips meet the edge. Do the same in the opposite direction with the remaining asparagus. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Bake until the border of the tart is deep golden and puffed and the top is lightl.
- In case you are like me and do not keep mascarpone in your frig, here is a good substitute: 4 ounce package cream cheese 1⁄8 cup heavy whipping cream 1 1⁄4 tablespoons sour cream. Makes about 1/4 cup more than you need for this recipe..
- Note: In my opinion, the asparagus should be steamed first. They did not cook enough in the tart. Also the tart was a little bland, I would put some lemon juice in the mascarpone mixture. I will try it again. But it looked pretty!.
Line tart shell with parchment paper, and fill with dried beans. This asparagus tart recipe is the perfect welcome to spring and one that you'll crave all year long. Bright green stalks of asparagus are popping up all around lately – at our local farmer's market and in. Try these delicious tarts that are really easy to prepare. Spread Dijon-style mustard on strips of puff pastry and top with fresh asparagus and.