Greek Grilled Cheese. A Greek influenced spin on the great American classic grilled cheese. Great with pita chips and hummus. Add bell pepper, or substitute your favorite bread or cheese.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add one slice bread, butter-side down. Top with a quarter each of the mozzarella, feta cheese, roasted red peppers. A Greek influenced spin on the great American classic grilled cheese. You can cook Greek Grilled Cheese using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Grilled Cheese
- You need of Robust.
- You need 2 slice of Potato Bread.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 slice of Fresh Tomato.
- Prepare 1 slice of Deli Sliced Smoked Gouda Cheese.
- It’s 1 slice of Deli Thick Sliced Butterkase Cheese.
- It’s 5 of Baby Spinach Leaves.
Great with pita chips and hummus. Add bell pepper, or substitute your favorite bread or. Greek Grilled Cheese is stuffed full of roasted red peppers, sliced pepperoncini peppers, kalamata olives, and red onion with lots of feta and mozzarella cheese. The bread gets crispy and golden with so much gooey, melted cheese in the middle.
Greek Grilled Cheese step by step
- In medium pan, pour 2 tablespoons olive oil, heat on low/medium..
- Sandwhich is prepped as follows….
- 1 slice potato bread..
- Thick slice butterkase cheese on top of bread..
- Put 2 slices of fresh tomato on top of butterkase cheese..
- Put spinach leaves on top of tomato slices..
- Put sliced smoked gouda slice on top of spinach leaves..
- Place top piece of potato bread on top..
- Cook in olive oil in medium pan on low/medium heat until both sides are gold and crispy, add olive oil to pan when needed..
Bricks of feta get spiced up and drizzled with EVOO before being thrown onto the grill for a crisp and creamy cheese spread. Serve Rach's Grilled Feta Cheese with the ultimate summer menu of Greek Kebabs—or "Ke-BOBs," as Rach likes to call them, in honor of virtually cooking this feast with her friend Bob Harper: Lamb or Chicken Kebabs Only a Greek chef who has spent time in America would come up with a spanakopita grilled cheese sandwich. The magical hard cheese sears beautifully while retaining its shape over high heat; I love cooking it up for guests who first marvel at the notion that cheese can be grilled, and then fall for its salty flavor and chewy texture. Although halloumi has long been my go-to, it's not the only grill-worthy cheese out there. There is an art to making a grilled cheese sandwich.