Vegan Pasta | Creamy Asparagus & Lemon. A creamy butter- and dairy-free Just made this and the asparagus complement the pasta so well , as a non vegan Alfredo pasta was my favorite. To be able to mock that into a vegan. This Creamy Vegan Asparagus Pasta is equal parts fancy and delicious!
This vegan pasta has garlic, lemon. Creamy Vegan Lemon and Asparagus Pasta! Fresh, easy, and full of zesty lemon and the zing of garlic. You can have Vegan Pasta | Creamy Asparagus & Lemon using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Pasta | Creamy Asparagus & Lemon
- It’s 1 Bunch of Asparagus, Trimmed and Washed.
- It’s 1 of Lemon Sliced and the juice of ½ a lemon.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of Large Onion, Finely Diced.
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Earth Balance Vegan Butter (Or use Olive Oil).
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk.
- Prepare 10 Ounces of Bow Tie Pasta.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt and Pepper.
I remember a moment where I proudly declared to my friends that I could write an entire cookbook on pasta recipes. I waved my wooden spoon in the air. However, since my Vegan Omelette with Asparagus recipe, which was published not long after I started AVV, there hasn't been another recipe featuring asparagus. It's about time there were more, so kicking things off today is this Creamy Asparagus Lemon Vegan Pasta Salad.
Vegan Pasta | Creamy Asparagus & Lemon instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add asparagus to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with thin slices of lemon and bake for 20 minutes..
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to pasta instructions..
- In a large skillet, melt the vegan butter in with a tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent..
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. About 2 minutes..
- Add flour stirring constantly and cook for 2 minutes..
- Whisk in almond milk. Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne, and another pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Once asparagus is cooked, cut into thirds and add to the sauce along with the roasted lemon. *Hint: Don’t eat the lemon…this just adds flavor..
- Squeeze lemon juice over the sauce and stir. Drain pasta and add to the creamy sauce. Top with fresh basil and enjoy!.
Creamy vegan garlic pasta that cooks together in the pan for easy cleanup. Cook the pasta following the pack instructions. Pasta is one of my default meals that I fall back on when I haven't got anything else planned up my sleeve. Once you have stocked up your kitchen with all the pasta basics, dishes like this can be whipped up lickety-split. Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes.