Southwest Avocado and Pineapple Grain Salad. This fruity grain salad showcases the freshness of traditional Latin American cuisine. Pairs perfectly with spiced, grilled ﬁsh. When barley is done cooking, drain oﬀ any excess liquid, then add the jicama, pineapple, avocado, and cooked barley to the watercress, along with the rest of the dressing.
In a small bowl, make dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lime juice and zest. This salad gets its sweetness from pineapple and a bit of sour flavor from the oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to this mixture to taste. You can have Southwest Avocado and Pineapple Grain Salad using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southwest Avocado and Pineapple Grain Salad
- It’s 1 box of Suddenly Grain Salad.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh pineapple, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved.
- You need 1 teaspoon of finely chopped cilantro.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Lightly toss the lettuce, pineapple, and red onion together. Pour on the oil and vinegar mixture until everything is well coated. This Grilled Pineapple, Chicken & Avocado Salad post is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission. A few weeks ago, I arrived home from the most wonderful trip to California with a suitcase brimming with…….avocados.
Southwest Avocado and Pineapple Grain Salad step by step
- Prepare box of Suddenly Grain Salad according to instructions. I used a Betty Crocker brand but there are other similar ones available..
- Once cool, add the diced avocado, pineapple and halved grape tomatoes. Stir to combine..
- Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and sprinkle with the finely chopped cilantro. I used butter lettuce but any type of salad greens will work..
Loads of creamy, delicious, California avocados. Wendy's Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad Ingredients. Salad Blend: Iceberg Lettuce, Tomatoes, Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Red and Green Taco Bell Pineapple Whip Freeze. This tasty and tropical salad is a great summer side dish that uses ingredients like fresh pineapple, avocado, red onion and orange juice to create a perfect flavor combination. This refreshing, simple Cuban salad recipe captures the flavors of the tropics.