Mike's Smoked Wild Alaskan King Salmon Fillets & Grilled Asparagus.
You can have Mike's Smoked Wild Alaskan King Salmon Fillets & Grilled Asparagus using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Smoked Wild Alaskan King Salmon Fillets & Grilled Asparagus
- It’s 2 (1 Pound) of Alaskan King Salmon Filets.
- Prepare 2 of Bricks Hickory Wood.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Apple Wood Shavings.
- You need 1 Cup of Alder Wood Shavings.
- You need to taste of Sea Salt.
- You need to taste of Ground Sumac [a fantastic lemony flavored Cherokee herb for fish].
- Prepare to taste of Lemon Pepper.
- You need to taste of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare as needed of Olive Oil [+ reserves].
- You need as needed of Fresh Dill.
- Prepare as needed of Lemon Slices.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Asparagus [with olive oil & lemon pepper].
- Prepare as needed of Shreaded Parmasean Cheese [for asparagus, if opted].
- It’s 2 (8 oz) of Packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese [optional].
- Prepare as needed of Chilled Capers [optional].
- You need as needed of Oversized Bagels [optional].
- It’s as needed of Chilled Chardonnay.
Mike's Smoked Wild Alaskan King Salmon Fillets & Grilled Asparagus step by step
- Gather your woods and shavings..
- Place your woods and shavings in your smoker. Bring smoker up to 200°. Fill water reservoir 3/4 full. [not pictured but it sits directly underneath top grid].
- Rinse fillets and pat dry. Lightly coat both sides with olive oil. Check for any bones and pull of need be..
- Season your fillets to taste. Do not use fresh herbs to BBQ.Feel free to go heavy on the Sumac tho! Place salmon on a ventilated rack – skin side down. Do not use fresh herbs on anything BBQ/Grill style as they will only burn and wither quickly, Use only dried herbs when BBQ'ing/Smoking..
- Cover tightly and smoke for 1.5 hours. Monitor temperature to make sure she stays at a steady 200°..
- Check fish half way thru for doneness and re-seal smoker quickly. You don't want to flare your woods and burn them out. Look at her! Ain't she pretty?!.
- Rinse asparagus and pat dry. Cut off the bottom 2" of stems. Coat asparagus with garlic olive oil and season with lemon pepper and parmasean cheese. Grill for 30 minutes at 250°. Longer of need be depending upon thickness..
- Serve smoked salmon with fresh lemon slices and fresh dill..
- Feel free to turn any salmon leftovers into an elegant salmon bagel spread!.