Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge. This is a completely grain free porridge made from only nuts and seeds ! Funnily, it came about one morning as I had not put buckwheat groats to soak overnight to make buckwheat porridge. This paleo savory porridge fuels your day with healthy fats and protein.
I've used it to make paleo-friendly wraps, so I wanted to try making. This delicious grain free porridge is simple to prepare, easy to digest and will really warm you up on cold mornings. Hearty grain-free porridge made with just nuts and seeds. You can have Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge
- You need 1 cup of quinoa rinsed.
- You need of additional 1 1/2 cups water or milk.
- You need of keep those separate ^.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of quinoa rinsed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ground flax.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of chia seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of sweetener raw sugar, honey, or stevia blend etc.
- You need 4 cups of water or milk.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
But, for many of us who can't. Classic shrimp and grits recipe that is grain free too! Great for those following a Paleo, Keto or gut healing First of all, going grain-free can help speed weight loss. This is because our bodies love to use glucose Cream of buckwheat porridge is a tasty and nutritious alternative to oatmeal and other. (FULL RECIPE BELOW) Start your day off right with this quick & delicious gluten free brekkie.
Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge instructions
- I chose honey as my sweetener. Since it is raw I waited to add it until the end when the whole pot has cooled to a warm temperature. If added when hot it kills the live cultures in the honey and that defeats the health benefits..
- In a separate pot cook 1 cup quinoa with the 1.5 cups of liquid. Bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to simmer place a lid on cook for 7-12mins..
- The rest of the ingredients place in a blender and add 3 of the 4 cups of water or milk. Blend well..
- Place blended ingredients plus the last cup of liquid in a pot and cook on low heat until it thickens. Takes 5-15min.
- Watch porridge and stir while cooking or it will stick to thy bottom and scorch..
- Once quinoa is cooked dump in pot with blended ingredients.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit. Or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Or vanilla. Or nuts. And or a tablespoon of coconut or butter.
Ideal for curbing cravings and natural energy! If you've ever wanted to have a gritty, dusty consistency to your photos that you would find in tangible worn slides and printed film photography, you've come to the right place. Grain-free living usually excludes porridge, which is sad. This recipe will make you happy. The porridge is definitely thick enough for little ones TO feed themselves – but how thick is your patience?