Tofu And Onion In Whole Grain Mustard Sauce. Tofu And Onion In Whole Grain Mustard Sauce MY TRIAL OF MIX AND MATCH OF FLAVOUR TO MAKE A PLAIN VEGAN DISH WITH INTENSE FLAVOUR. THE ALMOST CHARRED ONION HELPS TO SWEETEN UP THIS DISH TOO. In this recipe, we use both Dijon and whole-grain mustard for an extra bold flavor that enhances every bite of succulent kale and tender tofu.
Arrange kale and sweet potato mixture on plate. Smoky tofu meatballs are served atop tender cabbage and sauerkraut in a to-die-for creamy (but totally dairy-free!) mustard sauce to make this scrumptious vegan comfort food meal! First, a disclaimer: this dish is in no way authentic. You can have Tofu And Onion In Whole Grain Mustard Sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu And Onion In Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of prefried tofu cut into 8.
- You need 1 large of sweet onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of wholegrain mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need dash of parsley.
Sautéed tofu and onion in the other half of the oil until the tofu was lightly browned and the onions soft. Remove to a plate and drizzle sauce over the tofu. Maybe a bit tricky if you're new to tofu – definitely PRESS it first (half hour or more under a weighted plate) and it'll be fine. I didn't think my sauce was going to be thick eough but it thickened beautifully when I added the honey-mustard; also worried about the tofu breaking up but it held up fine.
Tofu And Onion In Whole Grain Mustard Sauce step by step
- With butter and olive oil pan fried prefried tofu and sweet onion till its lightly brown.
- Mix wholegrain mustard ,olive oil ,sherry vineger and worcestershire sauce then add onto the cooked tofu and onion with light soy sauce let it sizzling for 1 minute then off heat and serve top parsley.
- SERVE TOFU AND ONION IN WHOLEGRAIN MUSTARD SAUCE TOP PASRLEY.
Over a gentle heat, melt the oil and butter in a large saucepan. Add the finely sliced onion and cover the pan with a lid. Have a peek now and again to make sure the onions are not browning. Using a rubber spatula, gather the remaining BBQ sauce. Top each tofu piece with a small amount of the remaining sauce.