Spent Grain Dog Biscuits. The Perfect Crunchy Treat To Reward Your Dog. Our Crunchy Treats Help Give Your Dog The Genuine Joy That He Or She Gives You Every Day. Recipe for Spent Grain Dog Treats.
But spent grain isn't really "spent" at all. It's a nutritional powerhouse full of protein, fiber, and essential amino acids. Enjoy your spent grain dog treats. You can cook Spent Grain Dog Biscuits using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spent Grain Dog Biscuits
- Prepare 4 cup of spent grains.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of peanut butter.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
I did this with a cup and a half of shredded cheese instead of the peanut butter. My dog seems to love them. In honor of her birthday, I decided to try my hand at making homemade dog treats. I hadn't realized this was an option but apparently spent grain dog treats are quite popular these days.
Spent Grain Dog Biscuits instructions
- Drain and press grains to remove as much water as possible..
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly..
- Press down into a dense layer on a large cookie sheet..
- Score almost all the way down through into the shapes you want..
- Bake for about half an hour at 350 For to solidify them..
- Loosen them from the sheet, break the biscuits apart and return them to the cookie sheet, loosely spreading them out..
- Bake at 225°F for 3 to 4 hours (or until they are really dry)..
- Store in an airtight container to keep them dry and mold free..
So I brew a lot and when you brew a lot you end up with a lot of spent grain. Like piles and piles of it. I was having a hard time disposing of all of it because I felt bad throwing it away. I also live in a "green neighborhood". In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, puree all the ingredients together.