Little millets (Samai) payasam. Find Deals on Little Millet in Groceries on Amazon. Little Millet Kheer with Step by step pictures. Making kheer with different millets is something which I love a lot.
Samai Paruppu Payasam with step by step pictures. Any festival is incomplete without a kheer and these days it's a heathy tradition to include millets in all our foods. So why no try a healthy and yummy kheer with millets. You can cook Little millets (Samai) payasam using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Little millets (Samai) payasam
- You need 1 cup of Little millets -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Moong dal -.
- It’s 2 cups of Jaggery -.
- Prepare of Cashew nuts – 10 numbers.
- Prepare of Dry grapes – 10 numbers.
- You need of Ghee – 2 tsp.
- You need of Cardamom – 1 tsp.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of Milk -.
- You need 4 cups of Water -.
This little millet kheer tastes extremely delicious and tasted similar to the Moong Dal kheer, its. Little Millet Payasam Recipe is a millet filled payasam to satisfy your sweet cravings. It is easy to prepare and delicious too. Made of little millet, also known as Kutki or Saamai and jaggery, it is nutritious too.
Little millets (Samai) payasam step by step
- First dry roast the little millets and moong dal for two minutes then.
- Wash millets and moong dal and add both to pressure cooker with 3 cups of water and wait for 3 to 4 whistle.
- By the time heat a pan with one tablespoon of ghee and roast cashews and dry grapes and put aside.
- And add jaggery to pan and add 1cup of water to dissolve it then strain the water.
- Now once millets cooked add jaggery water and roasted grapes and cashews and cardamom and mix it well with medium flame.
- Switch off the flame wait for room temperature then add milk in this mixture and mix it well.
- Our little millets payasam is now ready serve.
You can prepare this payasam recipe for festivals or when you have guests visiting Serve Little Millet Payasam Recipe along with a meal of Steamed Rice, . About Samai Semiya Payasam/Little Millet Vermicelli Kheer Recipe. This little millet vermicelli kheer is quite a rich,creamy and very delightful dessert or a prasadam for a Pooja or as a sweet to serve after a meal for a special occasion. Since this little millet vermicelli are quite thin, the cooking process goes for a quick,easy and less time. The Little Millets (samai) have originated in India.