Samai (Little millet) Curd Rice. Samai is known as little millet. It has lots of health benefits. Due to its high fiber content it is very helpful in controlling constipation, reduce high.
Samai (Little Millet) with curd is a simple dish made similar to South Indian style curd rice but substituting little millet instead of rice. This makes the whole dish healthy and yet very tasty. Curd rice is my favorite from childhood and especially the one with tempering. You can cook Samai (Little millet) Curd Rice using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Samai (Little millet) Curd Rice
- You need 1 cup of samai.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of Curd as required.
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic pods finely chopped.
- You need 3 of green chillies slitted.
- It’s of Salt as required.
- You need of To Temper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Urad dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Channa dal.
To make it healthy, I have tried curd rice with little millet aka Samai. It turned out super tasty than our regular curd rice. Samai millet is good for stomach and cure menstruation related problems for ladies. Is little millet good for health?
Samai (Little millet) Curd Rice instructions
- Wash samai and mix it with water. Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- While it’s getting cooked, heat a pan with oil and temper with mustard seeds, Urad dal and channa dal..
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies together and sauté for few mins until onion becomes glassy. No need to be soft. Add salt..
- Mix it with samai along with curd..
For humans, they release Glucose slowly into the blood stream as against highly processed Rice & wheat Drain the water from the soaked samai and add little millet to the boiling water and remaining salt. Samai (Little millet in English, Sama in Telugu, Kutki in Hindi,Same in Kannada, Chama in Malayalam) is my one of the favorites among the millets I buy. I usually make kanji or this curd rice with millets like varagu and samai which is the best and actually there is no much difference in taste , it. Samai bagalabath/Little millet curd rice is one of soothing food for this Summer. Generally Bagalabath is made with Raw rice but I have tried the same recipe with Gluten free fibre rich nutritious little millet.