Leftovers – jeera rice/toasted cumin seeds rice. "Fragrant Jeera Rice" is a simple yet delicious dish made with Basmati rice, roasted cumin seeds and other whole spices. This is an instruction video by Tripti and Mark Francis from Triptin Keittiö. Cumin seeds are very good in helping to bring down body heat, improving digestion and reducing the fat attached your body cells.
Cumin seeds and select Indian spices sautéed in ghee add a unique flavor to plain rice when cooked together. This rice dish is quite common in North India. OPTIONAL special equipment: a rice maker. You can have Leftovers – jeera rice/toasted cumin seeds rice using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leftovers – jeera rice/toasted cumin seeds rice
- Prepare 2 cups of leftover rice (cooled).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Ghee (or oil; not butter) -.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cilantro (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies slit lengthwise.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Raw and unsalted Cashews (optional).
Otherwise follow package instructions and make this dish in a covered stove pot. Soak and/or rinse rice as directed. Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice recipe: As the name suggests jeera rice is made with jeera or cumin seeds, some whole spices and rice. Jeera rice is a very common dish widely served in dhabas and restaurants.
Leftovers – jeera rice/toasted cumin seeds rice instructions
- Heat a wok with ghee and toss in cashews. Once they turn golden brown; take them and keep them in a separate pan. Add in the cumin seeds now in the same leftover ghee. Toast till they start giving out fragrance. Then toss in chillies. Turn the heat low..
- Add in the rice. Let it absorb the flavors for about 2 minutes. Then add salt and cilantro leaves. Mix well..
- Turn off the heat and add the roaster cashews in..
It goes very well with Dum aloo, matar paneer, rajma masala, gobi aloo, egg curry, daal tadka and many more Indian curries. Jeera rice Jeera cumin rice is the best recipe for foodies. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make jeera cumin rice at your home. I refused to eat anything unless this rice was on my plate. Not long after I learned how to make simple basmati rice, I quickly learned to make Jeera rice for myself and for a good three month period I made it nightly.