Brown rice and tuna salad. Brown Rice, Tuna and Salad was recorded by Troy Brady at Evergreen Studios. Special thanks to Dan Brown and Troy Brady for playing along. More tuna salad recipes you may like are Chickpea Tuna Salad, Tuna Salad Wraps and Mayo-less Tuna Macaroni Salad.
This tuna salad is perfect if you're on a diet. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. This quick, healthy and tasty tuna and brown rice salad is perfect for lunch boxes. You can have Brown rice and tuna salad using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brown rice and tuna salad
- You need 1 cup of brown rice, cooked.
- You need 1 pc. of bell pepper or tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 pc. of cucumber, deseeded, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 of onion, small, finely chopped.
- Prepare Handful of dried fruit / pineapple tidbits, drained.
- Prepare Handful of lettuce.
- It’s of Protein & Spices.
- You need 1/2 can of chunky tuna in water/brine, drained.
- It’s Handful of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1/8 cup of lemon / lime juice.
- Prepare Dash of salt, to taste (garlic salt is ok too).
- It’s Dash of paprika or cayenne, to taste.
- It’s Dash of olive oil, to taste.
- You need Dash of honey, to taste.
- Prepare of Optional.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mayo-less egg salad (check my cookpad page for recipe)OR.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hummus.
Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe It uses lemon, brown rice, salad greens, green beans, bell pepper, caper, olive oil, tarragon, olive, canned tuna, egg, red onion, balsamic vinegar. Tuna Rice Salad. by Robin Batterson. A rice tuna salad enriched with several vegetables. Add all other ingredients to rice add pepper to taste, toss to combine.
Brown rice and tuna salad instructions
- Wash and cook brown rice according to package instruction..
- Prepare your bell peppers, onion, and garlic: wash, slice, chop and place them all on a big bowl. [You also have to option to quick fry your onion and garlic if you like, before mixing them with other ingredients].
- On the same bowl, add in all the specified protein and spices [and the optional ingredients you fancy]. Set aside and cover while waiting for rice to cook..
- Wash your lettuce, then dry, and cut them into bite sizes by hands. Transfer 1 serving of lettuce on a serving bowl and set aside. Keep leftover lettuce on a ziplock bag and store in fridge. Note: Using a knife to cut lettuce makes lettuce taste bitter. Strange but true, based from experience..
- Soon as the brown rice is cooked. Take 1 cup rice. Add them to the bowl of quickly marinated veggies (w/o lettuce). Mix them well..
- For 1 serve, transfer 1/2 cup brown rice mixture on the serving bowl with lettuce and stir them a bit. Garnish with extra chopped walnuts or dried fruit if you want..
- Keep the brown rice mix leftovers on a container then store in fridge. And it would taste even better the next day! If the leftover mixture has cooled down, you can mix-in the lettuce before storing the meal in fridge. Or alternatively, just bring a ziplock of lettuce with your packed brown rice and mix them upon consumption. Enjoy!.
Add tomatoes, cucumber, rocket and tuna to rice. Tuna, sugar snap & avocado salad. Salmon, avocado and lemon salad. headline. If you're after a no-waste, healthy recipe for one (that's also not boring!), this chipotle tuna, brown rice and veg bowl is super easy, fast and delicious. – by Peter Mckim. This is "Brown rice and tuna salad" by Webpreneur Academy on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.