Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. In an electric kettle or medium saucepan with a lid, combine chicken broth and white wine and heat just to simmering. Heat the oil in a wide-based shallow saucepan.
Snap off and discard the woody asparagus ends, cut off the tips and roughly chop the stalks. Stir until butter has melted and mixture is well combined. Classic Risotto with asparagus, mushrooms and shallots. You can cook Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Butter with 2 tbsp in frying pan and 1 tbsp added to risotto when cooked.
- You need 1 of Red Onion.
- It’s 150 g of Asparagus cut into 3 pieces each.
- You need 150 g of Button Chestnut Mushrooms thinly sliced.
- You need 100 g of Courgettes thinly sliced.
- It’s 150 g of Arborio Rice.
- It’s 500 ml of water including vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s Handful of fresh Parsley finely chopped.
- You need 20 g of Parmesan Cheese grated.
- You need to taste of Salt.
It's a hearty meal, loaded with spring flavor. One of my favorite things about spring time is all of the fresh vegetables that come along with it. With its crisp bite and bright clean flavor Asparagus is right up there at the top of my list of favorites. Baldo rice is a great pick for this simple springtime risotto because it releases enough starch as it cooks to warrant only frequent—not constant—stirring, making this less labor intensive than most risottos.
Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto step by step
- Place olive oil and 2 tbsp butter in pan following which add onions and mushrooms until softened, say 2 minutes. Add rice and stir in to coat with oil, butter and onions and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes and add asparagus and courgettes after 3 minutes..
- Add contents of pan to inner bowl of rice cooker and then add water and stock. Set cooker to porridge cycle and will take 20 minutes to cook..
- After 20 minutes stir the risotto, and add the remaining 1 tbsp of butter. Allow butter to melt then stir in lemon juice, parsley, cheese and salt to taste. Serve immediately..
Transfer to a plate with any accumulated juices. Remove from heat and set aside until risotto is nearly finished cooking. Risotto is ready after the last cup of broth has been stirred in and rice has thickened. Morel mushrooms and asparagus are both in season during the spring and complement one another perfectly. In a pan heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and cook asparagus and mushrooms until softened.