Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya. Homemade Jamabalaya, with shredded chicken and halved turkey sausage. DIY Jambalaya with Chicken and Turkey Sausage. This is a low-fat version of the classic Cajun dish.
This is a great easy chicken jambalaya recipe. This is a great easy chicken jambalaya recipe. Jambalaya by itself can be very filling, especially if you put a lot of meat in it. You can have Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 75 g of Hickory Smoked Turkey.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 400 g of can plum tomato.
- You need of Rice and Chicken Stock.
- You need 250 g of long grain rice.
- You need 500 ml of water for the rice.
- It’s 1 pack of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 350 ml of water for the stock.
I think a salad and cornbread will go great with it but if you can always fry up some I'd go with something light and bland, since the chicken and jambalaya are hardy and spicy enough and you don't want to overpower that. Probably the cajun sausage but next time, I'll cut back on the ground red pepper or omit it entirely. I used shredded chicken breast instead of turkey. This Cajun-style turkey jambalaya is a fabulous way to use leftover bird.
Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya step by step
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Leave the rice in 500 ml of water to soak up for the time being..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan with a lid and cook 2 chopped chicken breasts for 5-8 mins or until it's golden..
- Remove and set aside. Tip in the 1 diced / sliced onion and cook for 3-4 min or until soft.
- Once the onion is soften, add one thinly sliced red pepper, two crushed garlic cloves, 75g sliced turkey and one tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes more..
- Mix the chicken stock cubed with the 350ml of boiling water.
- Stir the chicken back in with the 400g can of tomatoes..
- Drain the water out of the rice and add it to the mix.
- Then add the chicke stock once it's fully dissolved.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Serve and Enjoy!.
Jambalaya is extremely versatile, so feel free to vary the ingredients to suit your family's tastes. You can make this jambalaya with leftover pork or ham or use diced cooked chicken in the dish. It's easy and quick to make, ideal. Jambalaya (/ˌdʒæmbəˈlaɪ.ə/ JAM-bə-LY-ə, /ˌdʒʌm-/ JUM-) is a popular dish of West African, French (especially Provençal cuisine), Spanish and Native American influence, consisting mainly of meat and vegetables mixed with rice. This chicken and sausage jambalaya is a delicious one pot meal that is perfect for Mardi Gras, or any time of year.