Creme Brulee Texas Toast. Delicious Creme Brulee French Toast that has a crisp caramel coating on one side. Everyone loves this tasty, buttery breakfast treat—especially served with buttermilk syrup and fresh berries! This recipe is perfect for breakfast , and especially for brunches or showers.
In a saucepan, combine corn syrup, butter & brown sugar. Simmer until mixture reaches a syrupy consistency, then pour into the baking dish. Cut bread in half diagonally and lay slices on top. You can cook Creme Brulee Texas Toast using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creme Brulee Texas Toast
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 6 slice of Texas Toast.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of half & half.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Grand Marnier.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 pints of sliced strawberries.
- You need 1 of cinnamon & sugar mixture.
You may use more slices to fill completely. Remove crusts from bread, and arrange in the baking dish in a single layer. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, orange brandy, and salt. When french toast has finished soaking, line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Creme Brulee Texas Toast instructions
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. In a saucepan, combine corn syrup, butter & brown sugar. Simmer until mixture reaches a syrupy consistency, then pour into the baking dish..
- Cut bread in half diagonally and lay slices on top. You may use more slices to fill completely..
- Whisk eggs, half & half, vanilla, orange liqueur and salt together. Pour over bread. Here I spreaded the strawberries over top of bread and sprinkled with the cinnamon & sugar mixture. You could wait and do this after its cooked instead. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours but overnight is best. You want all the egg cream mixture to be soaked up by the bread so use your own judgement here..
- When you are ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 45 minutes..
- Note: You can use a variety of types of bread. Slices of French bread or focaccia will work well also..
- Serving size: 1 slice toast; Per serving: 256 calories; 4.34g protein; 14.69g fat; 25.57g carbohydrates; 0g dietary fiber; 175 mg sodium; 22.32g sugars; 130mg cholesterol..
Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium-high. Stir until sugar is dissolved and boiling. Pour sugar mixture onto baking sheet and spread evenly across. Lift bread from egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Add to pan, sugar side down.