Chocolate Granola. Try That Irresistible Blend Of Crunchy Oats & Dark Chocolate Nature Valley™ Granola. Add A Crunch To Your Day With Nature Valley Oats & Dark Chocolate Granola! Huge Selection of Healthy Snacks, Salty Snacks, Organic Snacks & More.
Combine brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, salt, cayenne pepper, and cocoa powder in a bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining turbinado sugar and coarse sea salt to taste. This chocolate granola is inspired by one I tried recently by Purely Elizabeth. You can have Chocolate Granola using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Granola
- Prepare 3 cups of old fashioned oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of slivered almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup.
I demolished the whole bag in a matter of days and knew I wanted to create a version for the blog. We came up with another excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast. Classic oats, nuts, and sweetened coconut get mixed with a cocoa-honey syrup before baking in the oven. Tossing chocolate covered raisins, almonds, and cranberries with the warm granola transforms the humble oat mixture into decadent clusters.
Chocolate Granola instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, stir everything together until thoroughly combined and the oats are all moistened. Spread the oat mixture onto the baking tray and bake for 25 or so minutes, until it's starting to dry out. Then remove the tray from the oven and let it sit out to crisp up. Once its cooled, transfer it to an airtight container. Store for up to 1 week..
The almonds make it a little sophisticated, but we wouldn't complain about a handful of. If you remember (or still eat!) those Chewy chocolate chip granola bars from the grocery store, these are the healthier, whole food ingredient cousin. The bars have a nice chewy texture, very similar to these tart cherry oat bars but with a nice crunch from the chopped nuts and a subtle rather than overpowering sweetness from the dried cherries. This is exactly the chocolate granola recipe I've been looking for. I high recommend doubling the recipe as I made it as stated and it was gone in a day!