Granola Batch 6. Here is how you cook it. Real Folks Say: "This granola is what all other granolas strive to be. I didn't really care for granola before I tried this – they were all bland or super sweet, or worst of all, way too hard.
This recipe makes just enough for one or two, making it the perfect sweet snack that won't take up too much fridge or pantry space afterwards. Here is another whole grain recipe for all of you looking to get more whole grains in your diet. The granola should be turning lightly golden (keep an eye on it as honey tends to brown). You can have Granola Batch 6 using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Granola Batch 6
- You need 2 cups of rolled oats oatmeal.
- Prepare 2 cups of 1 minute cook oatmeal.
- You need 6 ounces of maple syrup.
- It’s 6 ounces of honey.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of pecan pieces.
- It’s 2 cups of walnut halves.
- You need 2 cups of dates.
- Prepare As needed of kosher salt.
The granola will crisp up as it cools. Let the granola cool before stirring in the chopped fruit. Achieving a batch of granola clusters is really simple. Mix the dry ingredients together and stir in the wet ingredients until combined.
Granola Batch 6 instructions
- Measure your pecans, walnuts and rolled oats..
- Goast the walnuts, pecans, and rolled oats. Add the nuts and rolled oats to a bowl and set aside..
- Toast the 1 minute cook oatmeal. When toasted add brown sugar to it. Mix it up..
- Get the dates and remove the pits and stem pieces. Add to a pan with the maple syrup and honey..
- Heat and mash the dates into a paste. Mix the rest of the dry ingredients together and form a crater in the middle. Preheat oven 400°Fahrenheit..
- Pour the date mixture into the crater. Mix well spray nonstick spray on a 1/2 sheet cake baking pan. Press it down wet your hand so the granola won't stick to your hands. Bake 25-30 minutes. When it comes out lightly sprinkle with kosher salt. Let cool store in a airtight container or ziploc bag, in the refrigerator. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
This is my first try at homemade granola and my kids ate that batch in less than two days. I first made it as written, then made with my own preferences. My family absolutely loves this recipe. My friend and I doubled the recipe and used a jelly-roll pan. My family went through our half in a month and a half!!