Peanut Butter Granola. This Healthy Peanut Butter Granola Recipe is a tried and true family favorite in our house! We love enjoying it over yogurt or with a splash of almond milk! This vegan granola recipe is gluten-free.
Easy Peanut Butter Granola Recipe – This granola recipe only calls for four easy ingredients! This super easy homemade granola recipe is great with yogurt, milk, or eaten by the handful for a healthy. It's crisp and lightly sweetened, with just the right amount of peanut butter flavor. You can have Peanut Butter Granola using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Granola
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of peanuts or cashews (any variety or plain).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced almonds.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of honey.
- You need 2/3 cup of peanut butter (or any other nut butter).
- You need 3/4 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (you could also use a different dried fruit instead of the chocolate).
Make your own peanut butter granola bars with this money-saving DIY recipe your whole family will love. Healthy Peanut Butter Granola is a simple homemade recipe filled with chunky clusters of whole, healthy ingredients. Peanut butter and chocolate just go together. OK, then we can move onto how DELICIOUS this granola is!
Peanut Butter Granola instructions
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, peanuts, almonds, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- Place the honey, peanut butter and brown sugar together in a small bowl and heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir and continue to heat at 10 second intervals until the mixture is completely combined and smoothly melted together. You'll want it to be fairly runny, so add more honey to thin it out if needed..
- Pour the honey mix over the dry ingredients and stir together until all the ingredients are moistened. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet..
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir around. Return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Then, stir in the raisins and chocolate chips (or additional dried fruit). I used dark chocolate chips. Allow the granola to cool completely..
- Store in a covered container for up to 3 weeks. Enjoy it as a breakfast cereal with milk, dry as a snack, sprinkled over yogurt with fresh fruit, sprinkled over ice cream, on top of your favorite smoothie, sprinkled over your favorite muffin…there are so many ways to enjoy granola!.
Rolled Oats – simple, old fashioned rolled oats. The combination of natural peanut butter and rolled oats make this granola a wholesome breakfast when paired with almond milk and sliced. Try this peanut butter granola, it's delicious! I keep granola in glass jar (as you can see in the above) at room temperature. Kids will flip over this deliciously oaty sweet snack!