~Chocolate Chip Granola Bars~. These homemade Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are a delicious lunchbox or afternoon treat, and are a cinch to make. They're better than store-bought granola bars! Raise your hand if you ate granola bars as a kid.
Chocolate chip granola bars are a staple in my pantry, but between my husband, my kids, and my kids' hungry friends, I can't seem to keep enough of them in the house. So I figured it was time to try and make them from scratch, and maybe even sneak in some health food. This Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Recipe is THE BEST and easiest way to make granola bars! You can have ~Chocolate Chip Granola Bars~ using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of ~Chocolate Chip Granola Bars~
- Prepare 4 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut.
- You need 1/3 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate chips (or raisins or other dried fruit or a mixture of both!).
- You need 1/2 tsp of koshet salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil (you can use your usually oil).
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
Plus, they're cheaper and healthier than the store-bought kind! I basically survived on granola bars in high school. Pre-packaged, too sweet, milk chocolate granola bars at lunch and before volleyball practice. Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are so easy to make, you'll wonder why you ever bought them in stores.
~Chocolate Chip Granola Bars~ step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Combine oats,flour,coconut,brown sugar,chocolate chips,and salt in a large bowl..
- In a separate bowl,whisk together the canola oil,vanilla, and honey..
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine..
- Spread the granola mixture on the baking sheet and shape it into a 9 x 13-inch rectangle that's about 1 inch thick..
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden and dry to the touch..
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then cut into 3 x 1-inch bars using a serrated knife.These bars will remain fresh for several weeks if wrapped individually in parchment or wax paper..
Do you know off hand how much money you spend on granola and/or nutritional bars for your kids? These granola bars pack well for mid-day snacks or hiking trips. Vary the ingredients for variety or to make them more wholesome. Easy to make homemade chocolate chip granola bars! They taste just like Quaker Granola bars but are made with simple, healthy ingredients!