Granola. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. This granola recipe is tried and tested, I bring with me all my camping trips.
I learned this recipe while working at a Bed and Breakfast in DC. This granola recipe is also a far more healthy granola option, since it's made with whole grains, unrefined oil and naturally sweetened. You just can't beat freshly baked granola packed with delicious and good-for-you ingredients. You can have Granola using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Granola
- You need 4 cup of rolled oats.
- It’s 1 cup of dried nuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Plus, homemade granola is super easy to make. You'll only need one bowl and some basic pantry ingredients. Granola is usually considered a healthy breakfast cereal. It's a toasted mixture of rolled oats, nuts, and a sweetener like sugar or honey, though it can also include other grains, puffed rice.
- Mix oats with sugar, cinnamon, salt and nuts in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey and oil. Pour the mixture on the oats..
- Make sure the oats are well covered by the oil and honey. Then spread on a rimmed tray in a thin layer..
- Cook for 30min at 300°F. Stir at 15min..
Transfer granola to a baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cool in pans on wire racks. Granola is loaded with healthy ingredients like oats, nuts, seeds and fruit. First, press the granola into an even layer before you put it in the oven, then stir it only once halfway through cooking. For really good clumps, press down on the finished granola before it cools and avoid jostling it on the pan until cooled completely.