Stuffed Grape leaves. Save On Healthy Food, Vitamins, Supplements, Personal Care and More at Vitacost®! We Are the Largest Online Restaurant Supplier Serving Restaurants and Individuals. These are grape leaves, stuffed with a tantalizing mixture of rice, fresh dill, mint and lemon. 'Yum' is the only one word to describe these.
In this recipe, grape leaves are stuffed with a tasty meat and rice mixture, seasoned with warm spices (allspice and cumin) and loaded with fresh herbs in the form of parsley, dill and mint. Then, once stuffed, the grape leaves are cooked in a tasty lemony broth. Tips Individual servings of dolmathakia are four to five pieces on small plates as an appetizer; however, they can also be eaten as a side or main dish (especially when larger leaves are used). You can cook Stuffed Grape leaves using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Grape leaves
- You need 1 of grape leaves.
- It’s 1 of half cup rice.
- It’s 1 of olive oil half cup , small spoon tomato paste.
- You need 1 of vegetables :tomato.
- You need 1/2 bunch of parsley and mint.
- Prepare 1 of pomegranate molasses small spoon.
- It’s 1 of potato sliced.
- You need 1/2 of Tea spoon black pepper,Cummin and coriander.
- Prepare 1 piece of tomato one.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- It’s ml of cover the grape leave boiling water.
- You need 1 of Maggi meat stock not liquid.
- It’s 1 of juice of lemon optional.
These stuffed grape leaves are filled with ground lamb, fresh mint, and pine nuts. Enjoy them as a main dish or as a meze (appetizer). Dolmadakia, the Greek word for stuffed grape leaves, is one of the most iconic recipes of Greek cuisine and, although there are many varieties, the meatless version is the most common. Rinse well in cold water to wash away any brine.
Stuffed Grape leaves instructions
- Add slice of patoto in the dish.
- Sock rice in water for 30 minutes..
- Mix rice withe vgitables and onion..
- Add spice and oil and pomegranate..
- Tomato sauce and start stuffing the Grape leaves..
- Organise them in the middle on patoto slice..
- Add small dish on it the add boil water and one maggi meat. You can add liquid stock if you got..
- Add lemon juice optional I do not like maybe at serving..
- Cook until water reduce or done.
Use imperfect leaves for layering evenly in the bottom of the skillet. Lay leaves, shiny side down, on flat surface. Dolma recipe or stuffed grape leaves recipe is so popular in the Mediterranean. Tangy, tender grape leaves wrapped around aromatic rice and cooked to perfection. This old-fashioned recipe is an all-time family and friends favorite.