stuffed grape leaves. We Are the Largest Online Restaurant Supplier Serving Restaurants and Individuals. Find Deals on Stuffed Leaves in Groceries on Amazon. These are grape leaves, stuffed with a tantalizing mixture of rice, fresh dill, mint and lemon. 'Yum' is the only one word to describe these.
In this recipe, grape leaves are stuffed with a tasty meat and rice mixture, seasoned with warm spices (allspice and cumin) and loaded with fresh herbs in the form of parsley, dill and mint. Then, once stuffed, the grape leaves are cooked in a tasty lemony broth. Tips Individual servings of dolmathakia are four to five pieces on small plates as an appetizer; however, they can also be eaten as a side or main dish (especially when larger leaves are used). You can cook stuffed grape leaves using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of stuffed grape leaves
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of lean ground beef or lamb.
- You need 3/4 cup of uncooked rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped fine.
- You need 1/2 stick of of butter.
- It’s 1 large of onion chopped fine.
- Prepare 2 of grated cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped pine nuts.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need 16 oz of jarred grape leaves.
These stuffed grape leaves are filled with ground lamb, fresh mint, and pine nuts. Enjoy them as a main dish or as a meze (appetizer). Dolmadakia, the Greek word for stuffed grape leaves, is one of the most iconic recipes of Greek cuisine and, although there are many varieties, the meatless version is the most common. Rinse well in cold water to wash away any brine.
stuffed grape leaves step by step
- put butter in a skillet with onions and garlic cook til tender.
- in a bowl add meat, chopped pine nuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and onion and garlic mixture.
- mix meat well by hand.
- separate and rince each leave and take the hard stems off.
- lay leave shiny side down, put about one teaspoon of filling on the fat end of the leave in the length you want them.
- roll over filling once, tuck each end in and continue to roll.
- place a few broken leaves in the bottom of a deep pan and place Ur rolled leaves seem side down in the bottom.
- pack rolled leaves in the pot tightly.
- cut zest off of the lemon in stripes just the yellow part add in with Ur leaves.
- once they are all rolled add olive oil and 1 1/4 cups of water over the leaves. place a heavy plate upside down on top of leaves place a lid on pot and simmer for about an hour.
- when finished remove them from pot and place in serving dish. serve warm or cold.
Use imperfect leaves for layering evenly in the bottom of the skillet. Lay leaves, shiny side down, on flat surface. Dolma recipe or stuffed grape leaves recipe is so popular in the Mediterranean. Tangy, tender grape leaves wrapped around aromatic rice and cooked to perfection. This old-fashioned recipe is an all-time family and friends favorite.