Roasted Salmon with grapefruit sauce. Add the lemon juice and season with salt. Right before serving, toss the grapefruit pieces and basil into the sauce. Place the salmon on a serving dish, spoon the sauce over it, and serve.
Add the ginger, grapefruit juice, honey, and cayenne pepper and bring to simmer. Add lemon juice and season with salt, to taste. Right before serving, toss the grapefruit pieces and basil into the sauce. You can have Roasted Salmon with grapefruit sauce using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Salmon with grapefruit sauce
- Prepare 1 of salmon fillets.
- You need 2 of ruby red grapefruits.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 small of shallot (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of fresh ginger (grated).
- You need 2 tsp of good honey.
- Prepare 1/2 of squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Put the salmon onto a serving dish. Cut one of the grapefruits into sections by cutting off the top and bottom of the fruit, then standing it on one end, cut down the skin to remove the pith and peel. Remove and drain, then place on plates. Spoon over the sauce and serve with a green salad and potatoes.
Roasted Salmon with grapefruit sauce instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides, drizzle with olive oil, and bake until fully roasted (about 20 min).
- cut 1 grapefruit, and divide into segments, and remove the pits, and casings. cut the segments in to half ..
- set it aside.
- now take the second grapefruit, and juice it. and set aside also.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil, and saute the shallots until softened, add the grated ginger, grapefruit juice, and honey..
- Let it simmer, until the sauce is reduced by half (10 minutes).
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Right before serving, toss the grapefruit pieces which you cut into segments earlier into the sauce..
- put the baked salmon on a plate, spoon the sauce and grapefruit pieces over..
- PM me if you have any questions.
These grapefruit recipes let the citrus shine in everything.. make this Italian-inspired recipe that combines salmon, broiled grapefruit and a fragrant gremolata. Halibut may be substituted for the salmon. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware. Fruit Salad with Citrus Yogurt Sauce. These are our favorite salmon recipes. Hold the grapefruit over a bowl to catch the juices, and peel it to remove all the white pith.