Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes. Spoon the macaroni and cheese into the prepared dish. Besides being tasty, these little tomato poppers are extra awesome because you can make them ahead of time. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
It is Sunday morning so we're going to do another one of our post Depression pre-world War two. Now you can enjoy a cheesy pasta made healthier without the addition of heavy cream or butter. The pasta is cooked in a flavorful unsalted broth and the cheese sauce is made Meanwhile, halve the zucchini or tomatoes lengthwise. You can cook Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- You need 20 large of cherry tomatoes, inside pulp removed ( a grapefruit knife works great for this )invert on paper towels to drain while preparing filling..
- Prepare 3 oz of mini penne pasta or any mini pasta, cooked.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced onion.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream, heavy or light.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- It’s 4 oz of mixed cheeses, shredded, I used sharp cheddar and italian four cheese blend.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste, keep in mind the cheese is salty.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks bramd.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 5 slice of pepperoni, each slice cut into 4 pieces.
Using a small spoon to scoop out small amount of flesh and seeds. Recipe for Roasted Vegetables stuffed with Creamy Macaroni and Cheese. Photographs, how-to video, nutritional information and weight And finally we added some Italian spices to boost flavor. Then we scooped them into hollowed out zucchini and plum tomatoes and roasted them in the oven.
Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes instructions
- Spray a baking dish large enough to hold tomatos tightly with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, add onion and garlic and soften, add cream and sour cream and heat to a simmer, add cajun seasoning and pepper and hot sauce, add cheese, all except grated parmesan which is fo topping and stir just until melted, remove from heat and combine with pasta..
- Fill each tomato with macaroni and cheese, sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese, top each with a pepperoni piece..
- Bake about 20 minutes until hot, don't overbake or tomatos will fall apart..
- Serve as a side dish to almost any meal or a light lunch with a salad!.
While macaroni is cooking according to package directions, I cut the tomatoes in smaller pieces. Drain macaroni and put back into pot cooked in, add butter and Lawrey's Seasoning Salt (no substitutions). Add tomatoes along with the juice. You could also add crisp bacon pieces when served. Cut thin slice from tops of tomatoes.