Slower Cooker Green Beans. Cooking it in a slow-cooker makes it easy and hands-free. Fresh green beans, crispy bits of pan-fried bacon, yellow onions, and a herb infusion of fresh thyme sprigs all come together to form a classic dish that reminds us of the traditional green bean dishes our grandmothers used to make. These green beans don't need a lot of ingredients which is pretty impressive considering the big flavor.
These easy green beans became my star attraction. —Alice White, Willow Spring, North Carolina. Growing up, I only knew green beans as the super tender Southern style recipe with bacon and onions. So the first time I had green beans prepared Here's an easy way to make that Southern classic – in the slow cooker. You can have Slower Cooker Green Beans using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slower Cooker Green Beans
- Prepare 3-4 (14.5 oz) of Cans of Green Beans or (fresh Green Beans).
- It’s 3-4 slices of uncooked bacon.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Onions chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Stick of butter.
You just dump it all in the slow cooker and turn it on. Ok, you do need to stir them. Easy healthy Slow Cooker Green Beans and Tomatoes recipe. You can serve over rice for a main course or as a side dish to chicken or holiday dinner.
Slower Cooker Green Beans step by step
- If using Fresh Green Beans destring and clean Green Beans..
- Put Green Beans (fresh or canned)(Do not drain Green Beans if using canned) in Slow Cooker. Add salt, pepper, onions, Bacon, and butter. If using Fresh green beans add 2 Cups of water..
- Cover and cook on High for 2 Hours..
The easiest way to prepare fresh green beans: in your slow cooker! I am a master when it comes to cooking main dishes in my slow cooker, but I am just learning all the amazing side dishes that my slow cooker is capable of! Next add the green beans on one side. Then for the potatoes, you will need to mound them high off to the other side. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic cloves.