Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes. String/Green Beans with Melt In U Mouth Potato justapinch.com It uses canola oil, chili pepper, green beans, potato, turmeric, lemon, ginger, cumin, garlic Great recipe for Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes. Recipe by Mike Chetty @Mikes Kitchen. I needed to use my green beans and also had potatoes.
How to Make String/Green Beans with Melt In U Mouth Potato. I needed to use my green beans and also had potatoes. Do need the cumin seeds for this one which I like better than ground cumin anyway. You can cook Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes
- You need of Very large bunch of green beans: wash, trim, cut up. See pic.
- It’s 2 of med/lg non-baking potatoes. Largely diced, throw in cold water.
- It’s 1 t of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of chile peppers diced (i used Jalapeno that's what i had).
- Prepare 2 T of good veg oil.
- You need 1/2 t of turmeric.
- Prepare 2/3 c of water.
- It’s 1 t. of fresh, finely slivered ginger.
- You need 1 of lg garlic clove, minced.
- It’s 2 T of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 t of salt.
- It’s of (I used a tiny bit crushed red pep cause jalapeno not hot enough.
I needed to use my green beans and also had potatoes. Do need the cumin seeds for this one which I like better than ground cumin anyway. Melt in your mouth greens beans and potatoes. This takes me right back to my grandma's kitchen and her yelling at me to stop eating out of the pot, lol. #GrandmasCooking #GreenBeans #Potatoes #.
Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes step by step
- Do this to the beans and potatoes. (Pics) Make sure you submerge potatoes into cold water to keep from turning brown. Then dry a bit before tossing in pot. I'm not going to lie. Beans took 45 mins to prep. But there was a lot..
- Dice chile peppers or jalapenos, Prep everything before you start cooking..
- In very large pan heat oil to medium-med./high. Add cumin seeds then cover pan with lid and let them pop a few seconds. Add diced chiles and stir, cook 30 seconds..
- Add garlic, ginger, salt to taste. Add crushed red pepper if using. Toss in green beans, potatoes, turmeric, water and mix, cover..
- Cook until beans & potatoes are cooked through. Mine took about 12-13 minutes on med heat. Keep mixing throughout cooking and keep covered when not mixing. Adjust seasoning and sprinkle with lemon juice before serving if desired..
Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes Recipe. Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes is a favorite Instant Pot side dish recipe made with fresh green beans, new potatoes, and diced ham. Green Beans and potatoes cooked with ham or bacon in the Instant Pot are melt in your mouth tender and packed full of the flavor of ham or bacon. I don't think I could ever eat fresh greens any other way. Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to make one of the South's favorite side dishes.