Southern smoky green beans. These Southern Smoky Green Beans are a must for any family get together. In my family I am known for my green beans, of all the things I cook. Seriously, my niece has asked me if I sprinkle a little magic on them.
Great recipe for Southern smoky green beans. I love a good crisp tender sautéed green bean but this isn't that. This is old fashioned southern smoky green beans done so easy it's almost embarrassing. You can cook Southern smoky green beans using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern smoky green beans
- Prepare 1 (3 lb) of can green beans, undrained.
- You need 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced onion, fresh or dry.
- You need to taste of Onion and garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
It starts with regular old canned green beans but tastes slow cooked. Cook the Beans in the Broth. Add the prepped beans to the pot. Bring the contents to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
Southern smoky green beans step by step
- Empty can in a large pot. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium/low and cook with the lid offset and allow the liquid to reduce by half. Stir occasionally..
Southern Green Beans are slow cooked string beans combined with onion, garlic and crisp bacon. The end result is heavenly with scrumptious tender melt in your mouth green beans. These are not to be confused with northern style green beans which are cooked crisp tender, sometimes with crispy bacon or with just a little bit of butter, garlic. The Best Smoked Green Beans Recipes on Yummly Og Fusilli Pesto With Green Beans And Potatoes, Batter Fried Green Beans, Sauteed Green Beans.