Mushroom Salisbury Steak w/ Green Beans. Homemade Mushroom And onion Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. The onlly thing I did differently was I added in some sliced peppers when I sauted the onions. I had an array of yellow, green, and orange peppers and decided they would be a nice addition to the dish.
This feature requires Flash player to be installed in your browser. Lean ground beef and turkey are combined to lighten up this classic, retro American dish. I made this tonight with cauliflower mashed "potatoes" and green beans. You can cook Mushroom Salisbury Steak w/ Green Beans using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Salisbury Steak w/ Green Beans
- You need 2 of Beef Cube Steaks.
- It’s 8 oz. of Fresh Green Beans.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Balsamic Vinegar.
- You need 1/4 C. of Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tsp. of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 8 of Mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 1 of Beef Bouillon Cube + 1 C. Water.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of Cornstarch + 1 Tbs. Water.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of Fresh Parsley, chopped.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of Butter.
It was really yummy, especially the gravy with all the mushrooms and onions. How to make Salisbury Steak – Trim Healthy Mama style! Here are some tips to make sure your fake steak dinner turns out extra awesome Some of our favorite sides: low starch vegetables such as green beans or broccoli. mashed cauliflower for that delicious gravy. a nice coleslaw. Salisbury steak also freezes well, so feel free to double the recipe and freeze half.
Mushroom Salisbury Steak w/ Green Beans instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°..
- Trim ends off of green beans. In bowl, add the green beans, toss with a little salt & pepper, add the balsamic vinegar, toss well. Place beans on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes..
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, cook steaks – seasoning with salt & pepper as you place them in the pan..
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, add olive oil, onion & garlic, cook. When onion starts to soften, add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms for 15 minutes..
- While mushrooms are cooking, make the 1 C. of beef broth (microwave water and cube in a measuring glass on high for 1-2 mins and stir) and the cornstarch slurry (mix water and starch together)..
- After the mushrooms have cooked the 15 minutes, add the broth, cornstarch slurry, butter and lemon juice. Mix well and simmer..
- Sauce will begin to thicken. Once sauce is thickened to your desired consistency, stir in the parsley..
- Serve mushroom sauce over the steaks, and green beans on the side..
Served with yolkless noodles and green beans! Today's special: Salisbury steak with grilled mushrooms or onions, mashed potatoes, and garlic green beans. But I always serve a green vegetable no matter what I pair this dish with. Return patties to skillet and spoon gravy over top. Serve Salisbury Steaks and Mushroom Gravy over hot cooked rice.