Green Bean Tempura. Would you like any meat in the recipe? This is an easy, delicious green bean tempura recipe. Fresh green beans are deep fried to crisp, golden perfection and dipped in a sweet and sour sauce.
The recipe for these irresistible green beans came to The Times from Jimmy Bradley, the chef and owner of the Red Cat in Manhattan He fries green beans in a tempura batter, then serves them — hot, crunchy, with plenty of salt — aside a sweet-and-spicy mustard sauce You'll find them on the bar, eaten as meals in themselves, and at most tables running back through the room as appetizers or. Have you made a batch of baked green bean fries before? We made these parmesan air fryer green beans the other day and boy were they amazing! You can have Green Bean Tempura using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Bean Tempura
- Prepare 150 gr of green beans.
- It’s of Dry coating:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Wet coating:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of homemade tempura mix (click link above for the recipe).
- You need 1/4 cup of ice water.
Talk about a healthy snack with a TON of flavor, you've gotta try this air fryer recipe this week. Using a fork, dip green beans into batter to coat, letting excess drip off. Fry in the oil in batches, until they are golden and crisp. Remove from oil to a paper towel lined sheet tray.
Green Bean Tempura instructions
- Wash the green beans then dry them using paper towels..
- Discard the edges then cut beans into 2 parts..
- Mix all ingredients for wet coating. Stir well..
- Coat the green beans into the dry coating, then dip them into the wet coating..
- Deep fry them at 350°F for 1 – 2 minutes or until golden color..
Place the parchment paper on the bottom of the air fryer basket. Place a single layer of the battered beans in the air fryer. Repeat with any remaining battered beans. A couple years back Holly threw a party for her husband Scott (she's a great party thrower by the way) and stood in her unairconditioned kitchen crushing batch after batch of these tempura green beans as we continued begging her for more. In other words, green beans tempura is simply delectable and, even for non-vegetarians, it is a great appetizer or side dish.