Green beans in tomato sauce – loubieh bi zeit. Loubyeh B'zeit is a middle-easter stew made with green beans and tomatos. Bethany Kehdy shows this very simple delicious recipe. That's why they're perfect for Loubieh Bi Zeit.
Loubyeh b' zeit or green beans in olive oil (although, technically, it's tomato sauce) is a Middle Eastern vegetarian one-pot dish. Chop onion, and peel garlic, crush half the garlic, reserving the remaining cloves. Fresh green beans are tossed in garlic-infused olive oil and served in a zesty tomato sauce flavored with a hint of cumin. You can cook Green beans in tomato sauce – loubieh bi zeit using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green beans in tomato sauce – loubieh bi zeit
- Prepare 1 kg of green beans.
- You need 500 g of tomatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste dissolved in 4 tablespoons water.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
String and slice beans on the diagonal in half. Fry the onions in oil with garlic. Add green beans and stir and fry about. "Loubieh bi zait" which literally translates to "green beans in oil" is a typical Lebanese "villager" vegetarian dish. In its simplest form, it's nothing more "Loubieh" for short, tastes its best when eaten at room temperature, or even the following day after an overnight stay in the fridge.
Green beans in tomato sauce – loubieh bi zeit step by step
- Remove the ends of the beans, wash them, and cut them into 2 or 3 pieces each..
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the onion slices until they become tender..
- Add the green beans, the garlic cloves, salt and just enough water to cover the bean mixture. Stir and let it simmer until the beans slightly change color..
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, the remaining olive oil and sugar. Mix again..
- Reduce the heat, cover and let it simmer for 30 min or until the beans are tender and the sauce has thickened..
- Serve cold with pita bread..
One of the most popular is loubieh bil zeit, literally "green beans in oil," a traditional Lebanese mezze in which romano beans are braised until tender with tomatoes in olive oil. It's typically served at room temperature, but can also be enjoyed warm, as a side dish. Green beans or fava beans can be. Loubieh bi zeit, a classic Lebanese dish of tender green beans sauteed in tomatoes, onions, garlic and olive oil. Loubieh bi zeit is a healthy vegetarian recipe.