Pounded raw string bean salad. Great recipe for Pounded raw string bean salad. As most if not all my vegetarian recipes, this is once again developed for Britta. We had this salad in a trip advisor recommended food stop in Pakse, in Laos PDR. this was our last stop in our north to south Laos Christmas holiday.
A nice side salad with dinner." – lutzflcat. Roasted Tomato-Green Bean Salad "This was a BIG hit with my husband! Easy to prepare ahead of time: roast the tomatoes and pine nuts early. You can cook Pounded raw string bean salad using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pounded raw string bean salad
- Prepare 200 grams of string beans, cut to 2 CM long pcs.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 50 grams of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 100 of cucumber sliced.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- You need of Chili flakes.
- Prepare of Lettuce leaves 100 grams.
- You need A few of drops of toasted sesame seed oil.
- You need 1 handful of chopped nuts (peanut, cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds).
Like most beans, raw green beans contain lectins, a protein that works as an antifungal and natural insecticide for plants (). Yet, if you eat them, lectins are resistant to digestive enzymes. If using green papaya, peel and seed it, then shred with a food processor or mandoline. Add the papaya or green beans to the mortar and mash and toss lightly.
Pounded raw string bean salad instructions
- In a mortar and pestle, place garlic cloves and salt and slowly crush garlic into a coarse paste..
- Add beans and crush the beans, be careful not to turn the whole thing into a paste. Crunch is key to this salad..
- Add tomatoes and slowly crush and incorporate into the mix..
- Add sugar and mix with a spoon to put all ingredients that are sticking to the side of the mortar..
- Add the cucumber and crush lightly to release the juices..
- Season with lime juice, black pepper and chilli flakes..
- Spoon into a serving bowl with a bed of lettuce and top with crushed, roasted peanuts and cashew nuts, fresh chilies and spring onions and drizzle with sesame seed oil..
If desired, top with the peanuts. When the green beans are dripping off the vine, it's time to come up with a raw vegan green bean salad recipe! We love coriander, but if you don't have it ground you may want to leave it out, the crunchy seeds will not soften in this raw dish. You can substitute the white part of a green onion for the leek, or if you have to use. Lightly smash cucumbers with a rolling pin, then tear into bite-size pieces.