Sweet and Sour Green Beans. I used frozen green beans instead of canned. If you like that sweet and sour flavor you will love these. This is my favorite green bean recipe.
This season my family's gardens yielded A LOT of green beans. This was never a family favorite, but there is something to be said about FRESH green beans. Green beans quickly blanched, then tossed in a sweet and sour mix of vinegar and sugar, a few seasonings and bacon, make up this old fashioned You can use pretty much any kind of green bean though – the flat Italian style green beans work great for this dish, as do French style, and even plain. You can cook Sweet and Sour Green Beans using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Green Beans
- You need 4 cups of cut green beans.
- Prepare 4 ounces of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need to taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
These simple steamed green beans get a tangy kick from a quick cider vinegar sauce. Place the green beans in a steamer basket set over a large saucepan of boiling water. Green beans, crispy bits of pan-fried bacon, and tender onions all come together with sugar and apple cider vinegar for a sweet and sour side dish that takes These green beans are the unfailing friend of any occasion, from weeknight suppers to holiday feasts. You can easily triple the batch and freeze the.
Sweet and Sour Green Beans instructions
- Heat a pan, add bacon and cook till crispy..
- Add onion, salt, pepper, and green beans to bacon and drippings. let cook till onions and beans are done..
- Add bacon, butter, sugar, and vinegar. Cook till sugar is dissolved..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Green beans cooked with lots of bacon and onion and coated in a sweet, salty, and sour sauce make one of the best side dishes ever. It's kind of like a German potato salad only with green beans. I like to use fresh green beans but you could certainly use canned or frozen. No green bean dreams of growing up and being sophisticated. Nothing brings a snobby bean back down to earth so it can enjoy the good life like a little bacon grease.