Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche. The pie crust is filled with lots of spring green-asparagus, spinach, and green onions. Josh also added feta and mozzarella cheese. The quiche was perfect in every way.
Use a fork to prick holes over the bottom of the pastry. Place the asparagus mixture evenly over the bottom of the cooled pie crust, then sprinkle with feta cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and into the crust. You can cook Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, packed grated.
- You need 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese , grated.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 100 gm of unsalted butter(cold) ,grated.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of buttermilk,cold.
- Prepare of Ingredients for the filling.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 & 1/2 cup of spring onion( bulbs).
- It’s 11 bunch ( 400-450 gm approximately ) of asparagus, cut into 1" pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt,divided.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper powder , divided.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of spring onion leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of feta ,crumbled.
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
The spring onions add a touch of whimsy and a taste of flavor. The texture is divine as each bite melts in your mouth more than the last. Tempting, tantalizing, and tasty, this Asparagus, Asiago and Spring Onion Quiche is a welcome addition to your table and one you don't want to miss. Crustless Caramelized Onion and Asparagus Quiche – roasted asparagus, caramelized onions, shredded zucchini, and fresh dill all baked together with a crazy amount of eggs.
Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche step by step
- For the pastry: In a bowl add all the ingredients for pastry except butter and buttermilk. Mix well..
- Add the grated butter and using fingertips mix into the flour until a sand like consistency is reached..
- Add cold buttermilk gently bring it together slightly. Tip into a clean, lightly floured surface..
- Gently bring the dough together until it all comes together..
- Flatten the dough into a disc.Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 190 degree.
- Gently roll out the dough and place in a greased 10" pie/quiche pan.Use a fork to prick holes over the bottom of the pastry. Blind bake the pastry For 12 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack..
- Fill with the quiche filling.
- For the filling : In a skillet melt butter. Add garlic and spring onion bulbs. Saute on medium heat till onions soften and start changing colour…
- Add asparagus along with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper powder. Saute on low heat for 8- 10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside..
- Place half the onion mixture in the pastry shell and spread evenly ;sprinkle half the crumbled feta on top. Spoon half the cream mixture over the feta. Repeat layer once more..
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 degree centigrade for 55 minutes to1 hour until set and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove to a cooling rack and let col for 20 – 30 minutes before serving..
- In a medium size mixing bowl add cream, spring onion leaves, parsley, nutmeg powder,1/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp pepper powder and eggs. Whisk together using a balloon whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
Now that we have the Quiche Pastry sorted, on to the Quiche Filling. As explained above, you will need Cream and Eggs as your main ingredients. I used Thickened Cream – which is the type of cream most commonly found in Australia, but you can also use Heavy Cream instead. over the spring onions. Arrange the asparagus on top, then carefully pour on the creamy mixture; to just below the rim of the pastry. According to Tim slightly before unmoulding.