Savory scallions sourdough pancake 葱香煎饼（麦糊烧）🥞. Pour directly into a hot sizzling oiled pan or griddle. We used the Chive Oil in the pan and pour directly on that and then. Scallion pancakes are one of the dishes I missed the most after moving to the US.
Chewy, slightly tangy, and loaded with the fresh bite of scallion, they are the perfect savory snack or start to a meal. Scallion pancakes make a great breakfast or an afternoon snack on its own. In this case, you may make it saltier. You can have Savory scallions sourdough pancake 葱香煎饼（麦糊烧）🥞 using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory scallions sourdough pancake 葱香煎饼（麦糊烧）🥞
- You need 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white flour.
- It’s 1 Tsp of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 stalk of scallions finely chopped.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of water.
If you have it as a staple to accompany a savoury main course, use An informative guide to making scallion pancakes. This recipe shows you how to make it flaky, tasty and crispy. Savory appetizer pancakes served with black bean/avocado salad. Fold in the corn and scallions.
Savory scallions sourdough pancake 葱香煎饼（麦糊烧）🥞 instructions
- Mix all ingredients together. Slowly adding water while stiring the batter until pancake consistence is reached.
- Store the batter in a fridge if using a stater or room temperature without using a stater with a lid on and allow it to ferment overnight.
- Next morning, mix in chopped scallions..
- Heat a cast iron pan and 1/2 Tsp of oil. Turn down the heat and pour half the batter and cook until done. Flip over and cook both sides golden brown..
Heat a silver dollar pancake pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan, then scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each of the cups. Taiwanese Spring Onion Pancake/Scallion Pancake （葱油饼）. Cook the pancake the way shown in the short movie below to loosen up the layers, this will make it crispy, layered and soft. When I started making sourdough bread the memories of these pancakes came back to me and I started to wonder how they were made.