Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions. Great recipe for Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions. We are taking quinoa to an elevated and delicious level by tossing it with briny capers, toasted walnuts, and topping it with fresh sautéed swiss chard, chickpeas and scallions. This meal is as tasty as it is.
This meal is as tasty as it is healthy. This meal is as tasty as it is healthy. Easy Swiss chard recipe — sautéed with lemon, quinoa, capers, and olives. You can cook Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions
- Prepare of Caper-Walnut Quinoa.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnut pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of capers.
- It’s 2 tsp of caper liquid.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need of Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 4 of scallions, roots removed, whites and greens separated, chopped.
- It’s 6 of leaves of swiss chard, leaves and stalks separated, both cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chickpeas, cooked.
Perfect vegetarian main dish, or serve as a side dish to the meat eaters at the table. This may sound nuts, but after experimenting with recipes all day I often droop at the thought of making dinner. Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil to a large saute pan with the garlic and red pepper flakes.
Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Heat a small-medium saucepot over low heat. Add quinoa and toast for 4-5 minutes while stirring. Add 1 1/4 cups of water to pot. Bring water to a boil, cover, and lower heat to medium-low. Simmer until quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid. Leave covered, remove from heat, and set aside..
- Scatter walnuts on a large cookie sheet or baking pan. Toast in oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven, and reserve..
- Once the quinoa has cooled for 6-8 minutes, stir in the butter, capers, walnuts, salt and pepper..
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the olive oil, then add the white part of the scallions. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add chard greens and stems and chickpeas, and cook for another 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Divide the quinoa on two plates. Top with the chard-chickpea mixture. Drizzle the remaining olive oil, caper liquid and scallion greens around the plate and on the quinoa, chard, and chickpeas. Enjoy!.
Cook over medium heat until the garlic turns golden. Add the chopped Swiss chard ribs and. This sautéed swiss chard would be a super yummy and easy accompaniment to these Lemon Caper Salmon Cakes. For a weekend meal, try this spatchcocked chicken and a batch of simple saffron rice. Or for a vegetarian meal, serve this with my pumpkin brown rice risotto.