cheesed mash potatoes topped with spring onions & chicken liver stew. Adding cheese to mashed potatoes is a sure fire way to add a ton of flavour and this time I wanted to try using a creamy blue cheese to give them a nice tanginess. Blue cheese also goes well with sautéed mushrooms and sweet caramelized onions and the plan was to top those fluffy white cloud like mashed potatoes with them. Fill with enough water to cover potatoes and add ½ teaspoon salt.
Add the milk, cheese, thickened cream and a pinch of salt, continue to mash the potatoes. At last, add spring onion and mix well with spatula. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. You can cook cheesed mash potatoes topped with spring onions & chicken liver stew using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of cheesed mash potatoes topped with spring onions & chicken liver stew
- You need 1/2 kg of Potatoes.
- It’s 250 grams of White goat cheese.
- Prepare bunch of Spring onions.
- Prepare 250 grams of Cottage cheese.
- It’s 400 grams of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Fresh Chicken liver.
- You need 2 1/4 of large onions.
- You need 4 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of Diced spring onions.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- You need of salt.
- It’s 2 clove of diced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
Place over high heat; bring to the boil and cook until soft. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat the milk over medium heat. Add the diced spring onion and simmer until the potatoes are done. Drain the potatoes and add the milk mixture along with salt and pepper.
cheesed mash potatoes topped with spring onions & chicken liver stew instructions
- Fold butter, Spring onions, warm milk and the two cheeses with the mashed potatoes. Add salt to taste.
- Sautee onions and carrots garlic and add the chicken liver. Add vegetable stock and cook on medium heat for 7 minutes. Add white pepper. Salt to taste.
Meanwhile grate cheese chop spring onions. Add a large knob of butter to the pan, along with all but a handful of spring onions. Sea salt and grated black pepper. Boil the potatoes with the garlic until soft enough to mash. Add olive oil and butter and stir well.