Smothered potatoes with green onions. Smothered Potatoes and Cabbage with AndouilleDeep South Dish. Onion and Mushroom Smothered Flat Iron Steak with sweet potato mash and sea salt-roasted green beansHome Chef. Green potatoes are more than just undesirable — they can also be dangerous.
The picture is my potatoes I smothered at my cousin's house for sunday brunch. When done can top with diced green onions or you can cook with green onions. Transfer potato mixture to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly; sprinkle with Parmesan. You can cook Smothered potatoes with green onions using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smothered potatoes with green onions
- It’s 10 large of potatoes (russet/red).
- It’s 5 medium of green onions chopped.
- You need 5 tbsp of of oil.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
Sliced potatoes are tossed with onion in seasoned flour, then fried in a bit of hot oil, covered and smothered with milk for a slow simmer. You can also add in some green bell pepper if you like. Add the milk and proceed as above. You may remember a similar potato recipe we had here back in.
Smothered potatoes with green onions instructions
- add oil to pot/skilet and let get hot.
- slice potatoes in rings (with/without skin).
- add potatoes to oil season and let cook until browned on bottom (i like them a little crispy).
- turn potatoes and continue to cook.
- at this time your going to add green onions, turn potatoes down to med low add 2 tbsp of water and cover, let them cook until soft.
- once they are soft they are done, the key to smothering potatoes is the steam, the steam continues the cooking process.
- HOPE U GUYS ENJOY!! ;).
Season potatoes with salt and pepper to taste. Place flour in a shallow dish or bowl; coat potatoes with flour. Add onion to potato/flour mixture and set I used Steak Seasoning in place of salt/pepper and extra onion. The whole family chowed down on them. This green bean recipe from chef Alex Patout of Landry's restaurant in New Iberia, Louisiana, gets plenty of flavor from bacon and onions.