Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage. In hot butter, saute the onion until golden. You can also bake the sausage. Add remaining ingredients and the sausage.
It's a perfect meal on a weeknight when you have chores to accomplish, homework to help the kids with, or you just want to spend some time flopping on the couch when. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. You can cook Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage
- Prepare of ————-hotdogs———–.
- It’s 12 of hotdogs, I used beef.
- It’s 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare 2 cups of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare of ————cabbage———–.
- It’s 3 of medium Granny Smith apples.
- It’s 3 cups of red cabbage finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot shredded.
- It’s 1/3 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
The key to great flavor is the caramelization you will get from browning the sausage, onion, and cabbage prior to adding them to the slow cooker. I had a reader comment about a recipe they wanted to figure out how to make in the slow cooker. He said, "When you mentioned foil packets, it rang a bell. Southern Fried Cabbage with Onions is Good Eating!
Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage step by step
- Cut the hotdogs into thirds..
- Remove the core from apples and shred the apples. Mix with lemon juice..
- Shred the carrot, mix with raisins, add the apples, mayonnaise, salt, and cabbage, mix together, and set aside..
- Heat a pan. Finely chop the onions and add to the dry pan, stirring quite often..
- When the onions have cooked for 5 minutes, add the vinegar and honey..
- Add olive oil mixing together all the ingredients in pan. add hotdogs..
- Mix well. When hotdogs are heated and coated well add cheese and cover. Remove from heat keep covered for ten minutes..
- Serve with the cabbage mixture, I hope you enjoy!.
I am sharing my Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe here today. Remove sausage from skillet and drain on paper towels if needed. In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add remaining ingredients, and the sausage. Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage I love hotdogs I grew up on them.