Fried Cabbage w/ Bacon, Garlic, and Onions. Cabbage is fried with bacon, onion, and garlic for a side dish you'll want to eat again and again. All Reviews for Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic. Full of bacon, caramalized onions, garlic and spices!
I fell in love with it then, and I have loved it ever since. It is a dish my family also loved I thought that the addition of bacon sounded quite tasty. The cabbage and onions actually get sauteed in the bacon drippings. You can have Fried Cabbage w/ Bacon, Garlic, and Onions using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Cabbage w/ Bacon, Garlic, and Onions
- It’s 1 head of Cabbage.
- You need 1 of Whole onion.
- You need 1 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 6 slices of Bacon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
Fried cabbage and bacon is best when served fresh, but you can indeed refrigerate your leftovers. Allow your cabbage to cool slightly and then place in a container that is airtight. You have tender cabbage that is seasoned to perfection with garlic, onions, and of course salty bacon. Southern classics such as this fried cabbage, is in fact the way to introduce cabbage to even the pickiest of eaters.
Fried Cabbage w/ Bacon, Garlic, and Onions instructions
- Start with cutting bacon up and frying until crispy cover with lid for about 10 minutes.
- Once done,take garlic and onions and mix for about 5 minutes until soft and brown cover with lid.
- Wash and chop up cabbage.
- Add to bacon onion garlic mixture and cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until done take off lid and mix again.
- Done, drain water and mix.
Cabbage, along with Spring Greens and Brussels Sprouts, probably have the worst reputation of any vegetable. They're the classic example of the vegetable hated by both kids and. Remove the bacon and onion to paper towels to drain. Add the water, sugar, salt and pepper and cook until the cabbage is tender. How to make simply fried cabbage with bacon and garlic.