Green Beans with Bacon & Onions. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Very easy to make and everything is better with bacon 🙂 MarineMom_texas. Add the green beans to the skillet, along with a tablespoon or so of the remaining bacon grease. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. You can cook Green Beans with Bacon & Onions using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Beans with Bacon & Onions
- It’s of ingredients you will need.
- Prepare 1 lb of frozen, long green beans.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of bacon.
- It’s 1/2 small of yellow, red or white onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic (i use minced in jar).
- Prepare 1 dash of black pepper (to your taste).
Return the bacon mixture to the pan and toss to mix evenly with the beans. It's super easy to make the perfect vegetable side dish when it comes to green bean recipes, and in this kitchen we're making Roasted Green Beans, Spicy Chinese Sichuan Green Beans, and Green Bean Casserole for the holidays! Simplify your old, fussy sautéed green beans recipe with this simple take on the popular vegetable dish. This low maintenance side only calls for three ingredients (excluding salt, pepper, and water) for a recipe that couldn't be any easier.
Green Beans with Bacon & Onions step by step
- thaw green beans in microwave or add to boiling water for bout 2 minutes.
- cut up bacon into small squares bout 1/2 inch or little smaller.
- once bacon is cut separate it as u sprinkle it into frying pan, fry until crispy & brown.
- using slotted spoon take bacon out and place on saucer lined with paper towel, set aside (be sure to save bacon drippings in skillet).
- put onions in same skillet with bacon drippings, saute over med. heat until soft & translucent, again use slotted spoon to repeat same process as bacon & set onions aside.
- use the same skillet on med to saute thawed green beans till desired doneness (like a slight bite to mine).
- last 30-40 seconds of cooking add garlic and cook for last 30-40 seconds, add the cooked onion to the green beans & stir to heat back up.
- take all contents out w/ slotted spoon placing on a platter (I use a meat platter).
- sprinkle the bacon over the top evenly (wait a minute before serving so the bacon can warm through).
- now serve & enjoy with your main dish! hope u like this!.
- Note: I sprinkle bacon on top of gr beans last because it keeps the bacon crispy & won't get soggy but if u don't mind it u can stir bacon through it… Also I didn't put salt as an ingredient because bacon is salty n u don't want too much! I'd recommend waiting till the end, taste it n then if it needs it go ahead n add a little salt….
Chopped green onions give the dish a crisp pop of freshness, while rich bacon drippings coat the green beans in a salty, savory flavor that's simply. Add the cooked and drained green beans and bacon; toss, heat, and season with salt and pepper. Add green beans and season with salt and pepper. Return bacon to the pan and toss with the beans before serving. Green Beans with bacon is one of our all-time favorite side dishes!