Sauteed Kale and Sweet Onion. The sweet onion flavors are delicious and worth the effort. I made a variety of greens including, spinach, kale, collards, and callaloo. Sauteed Kale Garlic and Onions is one of my favorite way of preparing greens, except I omitted the Jamaican Scotch bonnet pepper and fresh thyme.
A simple sauteed kale with caramelized onions to win over the dark leafy green haters in your life! I think I am in love. It seems so hard to believe I once While any variety of kale will do, my favorite is Lacinato or Dinosaur kale. You can have Sauteed Kale and Sweet Onion using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sauteed Kale and Sweet Onion
- It’s 4 tbsp of Olive Oil- extra virgin.
- It’s 1 medium of Sweet Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Garlic- minced.
- Prepare 8 cup of Kale.
- You need 1/4 cup of White Wine.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® is the secret to Quinoa, sweet potatoes, kale, chickpeas all drizzled in an AMAZING maple tahini dressing. I LOVE kale and this is how I like to make it almost every time. I'm a hot pepper flake chick, but if that's too much for you, just leave it out! Pour kale-broth mixture over croutons and caramelized onions.
Sauteed Kale and Sweet Onion instructions
- Cover bottom of 8" stock pot with oil. Heat over medium heat till hot..
- Add medium diced onion and cook till translucent..
- Add garlic and sauteed till golden yellow..
- Add rough chopped kale a handful at a time an stir..
- Add wine, stir, and cover..
- Simmer over low heat for 9-12 minutes. Stirring twice..
I added sliced sauteed mushrooms cause I love them in stuffing, and thyme and rosemary in the simmering kale step because I knew there would be some. Sauteed Kale and Spinach-Possibly The Tastiest Side Dish EVER. Sauteed Kale and Spinach with Bacon & BalsamicConfections of a Foodie Bride. Kale: Wash kale and remove stems. Mince shallot and onion, and set in a wide pan with olive oil and ½ tablespoon butter.