Spring onion potato Sabji. The humble potato is a vegetable that almost everyone loves, and of course it is made in many different ways in our house. Here is another simple vegetarian sabzi featuring potatoes, and this time it's with spring onions or hari piyaaz. Spring onion potato Sabji This is a quick and easy recipe of sabji, which can be served with chapati or phulka roti.
This is an easy potato spring onion curry (aloo hara pyaz sabzi) as it takes minutes to prepare. All you need is to chop potato and spring onion. Spring onions taste great and are also remarkably wholesome for the body. You can have Spring onion potato Sabji using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spring onion potato Sabji
- It’s 2 of potatoes medium sized boiled.
- It’s 2 of spring onion Bunchs chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of cumin Seeds.
- It’s 1/4 Teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- It’s 3 of curry leaves.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s To Taste of salt.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of coriander leaves (cilantro).
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of oil.
Usually known as scallion or green onion, it is the most favored ingredient in Chinese Cuisine and is loaded with essential nutrients. Be it the green leafy part or the white bulb of the spring onion both are edible. हरे प्याज और आलू की सब्ज़ी रेसिपी – Spring Onion Potato Sabzi Recipe.. Dhania Wale Aloo Recipe – Coriander Potato Dry Nithya Anantham. Hari Pyaaz Aaloo Ki Sabzi (spring Onion And Potato Stir Fry) I love spring onions be it in Chinese food or in my curries.
Spring onion potato Sabji step by step
- Take pan and heat oil on medium.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When it sizzles, add chopped spring onion and pinch of salt.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 5 minutes or till onions are soft, stir occasionally Note: In case onion is sticking to the pan, sprinkle water a bit and then cover it with the lid.
- Cut boiled potato in to big pieces and add it to pan.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt, mix it well.
- Cook it for 7-8 minutes on slow heat, stir occasionally.
- Add garam masala, lemon juice, mix it well and cook it for a minute.
- Sabji is ready now, garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with chapatti/roti.
This happens to be a simple stir fry, a favourite of my dad's that my mom made quite often. Maharashtrian cuisine surprises us with many recipes that are prepared using the day to day kitchen ingredients, when we run out of fresh produce in the pantry. Maharashtrian Style Patichya Kandyachi Zunka Recipe -Spring Onions and Besan Sabzi is one of those, which is prepared using spring onions and chickpea flour (besan). Patichya Kanda means spring onions in Marathi. Potato and Spring Onion Soup is a classic Thai soup that leaves your taste buds asking for more.