Asian lettuce wraps Chicken or Beef. Stir in ginger, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, red. Asian lettuce wraps Chicken or Beef. Tangy marinated beef is wrapped in refreshing lettuce leaves in this quick and easy Asian lettuce wrap recipe. "Delicious and bursting with flavor, Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family style meal.
You know those foods you can't stop eating and don't know why they just taste so good. This qualifies as one of those things. Very addicting, so tasty we eat them twice a week.! You can have Asian lettuce wraps Chicken or Beef using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian lettuce wraps Chicken or Beef
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 pound of beef or chicken either one is great.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of high heat oil.
- It’s 1 head of butter lettuce.
- You need 3-4 of small sweet peppers for pickling.
- It’s 1 of large carrot sm diced.
- It’s 1 can of water chestnuts drained and diced 8 ounce can.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced or pressed.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of Hoisin sauce.
- You need of Optional.. deseed and thin slice half a Serrano pepper spice 🌶.
- Prepare of Salt as needed to taste.
- It’s of For pickled peppers.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sugar or 1/4 cup grenadine works too.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar.
It's more and app than an entrée but thats up to you, and. How to make Asian lettuce wraps. Cook the Meat – Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add Ingredients – Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet.
Asian lettuce wraps Chicken or Beef instructions
- Slice peppers into thin slices and put into and bowl that’s able to hold hot liquid (those mini sweet pepper in most big box grocery shops).
- Start with pickling liquid.. vinegar salt and sugar into small pan and bring to a simmer. Once hot, pour over peppers and set aside til very end…
- Small dice on the carrots, chop the bunch of green onion small and the sm onion into slivers.. prep garlic and ginger also…
- Chicken should be diced very small or use ground.. Beef should be thawed whichever your using (tip.. to diced chicken small it’s easy if it’s slightly frozen, otherwise use ground chicken) pictured half thawed thighs julienne first then go back and dice small.
- If using beef cook in separate pan to drain before adding to mix…
- Oil into pan high heat, get those whisps of smoke and drop carrots and onion give it 30 seconds and toss through oil.. Drop garlic and ginger to the pan and toss, and as garlic toasts push to back of pan drop protein and cook…
- Optional step add Serrano now..
- Once you have some color on your chicken about 5 mins in add soy sauce and toss through, add drained water chestnuts bring to temp so water reduces.
- Add hoisin sauce and sugar bring up to temp once more…
- Salt to taste, a couple fast grinds should do it.. or fast splash of fish sauce.
- Drain peppers save 1/4 teaspoon liquid and add the saved liquid with chopped green onions at this time toss twice remove from heat..
- Serve in the butter lettuce as small cups or use romaine to wrap up as tacos.. works over rice too..
- Top with pickled peppers..
- Optional crunchy rice noodles.
The Ground Beef for the Asian Lettuce Wraps Ready to Serve! Try an Asian Lettuce Wraps buffet. If you are throwing a party or entertaining, lettuce wraps fit every diet. Besides being low carb and keto, they are delicious. Just provide some choices of sauces and dressing and your gluten-free friends can stay true to their lifestyle.