Ground Beef and Potato Curry. I think the sweet potatoes do a wonderful job counteracting the heat so if you like it hot, feel free to add more cayenne to this dish. Also, you should know that while I call this a curry, it's actually more of a dry dish. It's still a little unusual for me to write an Indian recipe calling for ground beef.
Add a bit of water and potatoes. Cover and cook till potatoes are cooked. Mix ground beef, garlic, ginger, serrano chile, and cilantro into pan; cook and stir until beef is I reduced the amount of Serrano chili and cayenne pepper. You can cook Ground Beef and Potato Curry using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef and Potato Curry
- It’s 500 gr (1 lb) of ground beef.
- Prepare 500 gr (1 lb) of potatoes, cut into cubes.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 4 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger powder (if you use fresh 1 inch ginger finely chopped).
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of ground white pepper.
- You need 250 ml of thick coconut milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
I also added a little bit of curry powder and Balti This was delicious and even better the second day. Diced the potatoes fairly small to be same. View top rated Ground beef curry and potatoes recipes with ratings and reviews. Ground Beef Curry – a simple, fast curry made with ground meat, spinach and spices.
Ground Beef and Potato Curry instructions
- Deep fry the potatoes until cooked..
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil. Saute the onion and garlic until wilted and the onion looks a little brown..
- Add the ground meat. Stir until cooked..
- Add curry powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger powder, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir well..
- Add coconut milk. Cook until thickened. Stir occasionally..
- Add fried potatoes. Stir until well blended. Taste it, adjust salt/sugar if needed. Simmer for a few minutes until the entire mixture has thickened. Add the peas. Stir it for a minute. Turn the heat off..
- Serve the curry with flatbread or rice..
Paleo, slow carb and low carb curry recipe. This would go well with cauliflower rice or roasted cauliflower; curried potatoes; white rice; rice pilaf. But if you don't want to mess with all that, the curry is good on. Ground Beef Potatoes Carrots Tomatoes Casserole Recipes. Quick Potato And Ground Beef Recipes.